bluekarin

Nutriment for dogs

Well my 12kg order of Natural Instinct arrived today by courier, tracked and all that jazz with a lot less packaging than I had imagined :D delivered within 24 hours of ordering. Very impressed so far, plus had a nice chat with very helpful man on phone about what to order and they have been very helpful too about changing Maisy's diet over too. :D

Er yes LB, I know what you mean :lol: I am so excited about the whole thing! Even on nearly half her diet being raw, her coat already looks better and she was on a pretty good kibble before...but its just not the same as yummy raw! Maisy has already taken to the raw thing too as she gobbled down a dead mouse/small creature this morning which one of the neighbours cats must have left in our garden last night. She also shop lifted :lol: a chew this morning from our local feed store when I was buying her a new collar, grand cost 29p....which is made by Antos. Thought I don't know what is in it...it says it is all natural....will do some research before she is allowed to eat it.

:lol: you want to join the lurcher forum then... there are some really hard core raw feeders on there! My two are hunting dogs anyway, and are keen on catching their own dinner - this can be a liability at times :oops:

I was shopping on a natural treats stall at a local game fair at the weekend, and Cyrus helped himself to a biscuit too - luckily they were gluten-free.

And I thought a eating a tomato and giving a garden worm the good look today was going for it :lol: Anyway, yesterday completely unplanned I seized the moment, Maisy was teething so I decided to go for it (aaagh) and give the dog a bone so to speak so she could teeth on something useful....gave her a small chicken wing. She very politely looked at it, nibbled politely for about 5 mins with me holding it for her giving her bits along the way to help her....THEN she decided it was meant for GOBBLING and down went one bone just to scare the living daylights out of me! Needless to say she is still bouncing round whilst I wait for a bone to be pooed out :lol::lol: (sorry if you are eating!) Anyway she is back to her ready done raw for the next few days and then I think I will give her another chicken wing, but this time I will bash the bone to break it down a bit. Does anyone have any tips to help with gobbling dogs on raw?

I have a bag of Natures Diet I think - frozen raw chunks of meat. I gave Neela a piece which was a little large, but she gulped the whole thing down! She then proceeded to scare the bejezzus out of me by choking and half throwing it up and then swallowing it back down :vom: She eventually threw it up, and the rest of her dinner, so I restrained her so I could cover it up and clear it away later and she couldn't eat it. Again. What do you recommend so this doesn't happen again? I rather hoped she would chew on it, but no. Should I just make the pieces more bite sized? They have no bones, so no worries regarding them.

Thanks DM, will try to see what I can get from the butcher. Phoned them today and they normally have marrow bones and other stuff earlier in the week if you get there first. So will pop over next week...are marrow bones ok or are they for older dogs? Must do more homework and read my raw book! However my book never warned about greedy puppies who gobbbbble their chicken wings down in one!