yvonne

Manchester dogs home fire

I feel so deeply upset and angered by this. I have seen a few people saying how we mustn't throw labels at the poor boy as he may have mental issues. People who deliberately hurt children or animals obviously have issues but it isn't acceptable to see the perpetrator as a victim.

Sorry, just so angry. I hope I never meet this teenager :evil:

It is so horrible. Those poor dogs :cry: I can't imagine how it was for the residents surrounding to hear all that as well. I'd have nightmares. A few cocker spaniel pages I belong to on FB had people who lived near it and they were in bits. I hope the home manages to survive and continue doing its good work.

I also agree re the teen. Makes me so angry :twisted:

Yes I agree pixidust, poor misunderstood youth blah blah blah.....they need the "cat of nine tails" as my nan would say.....sometimes I do dispare, if you can hurt animals you can hurt kids, then it's a one way ticket.....going nowhere fast!!!

as said in a previous post my YS was mugged 3 times in 18 months!!! He lost all confidence and the last time he said to me " mum I was so scared, I thought they were going to stab me"

When he said that I was distraught....can you imagine having some guy in your face mugging you and you having to tell your mum you were scared.....I would be happy to flick the switch.....don't care how contraversial that sounds....eye for an eye...

It's just horrible. We got our lovely dog from there, we had to have him put down in March due to bone cancer.

Over 60 dogs have now died and the trauma the poor surviving ones must be going through :cry:

Mental issues or not I have no sympathy for the evil :fillintheblank: that did this, and if people think it's an excuse to explain what he did then he needs locking away as he is clearly a more of a danger to everyone if he doesn't know what he was doing was pure evil.

What is wrong with people?!!!! Why would anyone of sane mind want to do such a thing? Public support has been huge, fortunately, the public have rallied around - over £500,000 donated in 15 hours.

It's things like this and what's happening in other parts of the world that make me fear for the future of humans as a species. :(

What is wrong with people?!!!! Why would anyone of sane mind want to do such a thing? Public support has been huge, fortunately, the public have rallied around - over £500,000 donated in 15 hours.

It's things like this and what's happening in other parts of the world that make me fear for the future of humans as a species. :(

I too found the news deeply upsetting. However, I would like to think that the support of the public proves that most of us are caring individuals who find this sort of behaviour completely intolerable and abhorrent -

I too found the news deeply upsetting. However, I would like to think that the support of the public proves that most of us are caring individuals who find this sort of behaviour completely intolerable and abhorrent -

I agree :) It takes one terrible act to show that most of us are indeed human after all. There are several justgiving pages, the main one has now raised over 766k.

Another sickening thing to come out of it though is that tonight there have been warning put out to make sure the charity/justgiving page you are donating to are genuine. Apparently there have been several set up which aren't and are just cashing in on peoples generosity :evil:

Our local newspaper "The Manchester evening News" raised over £1million in the first 12 hours - today the M6 has been closed near the sister shelter in Warrington as so many thousands of people turned up to short term foster the remaining dogs. Makes me proud to be Mancunian :D There are also some local builders who have offered to rebuild the shelter....Police have released the 15 year old there were holding on bail, no news yet as to what they think happened.

On ebay, a dog is selling his dog toys, with all proceeds to the Manchester dogs' home.

How sweet! Not sure my dogs would be so charitable :lol:

The response has been amazing, just a shame this had to happen and so many dogs die to raise awareness, and a shame the dogs had to be there in the first place.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/12/manchester-dogs-home-fire-blame-adults

Thought this article was very well written.

and this poem lovely

Gods Kennel Maid

There was a special kennel maid

Who visited us that night,

With hair like golden sunshine

And wings of brilliant white.

At first we did not see her

Through the smoke so black,

But we knew that we must follow her

Our little faithful pack.

The big dogs, the little dogs

Some with muzzles grey,

Woke from sleepy slumber

They seem to know the way.

She led us past the kennels

Up to a distant door,

An exit that was new to us

We'd not been that way before.

Although we were so frightened

We formed an orderly queue,

And from a golden re-homing book,

She ticked as we went through.

The colour were so beautiful,

On rainbow flower beds,

And then we saw a wooden bridge

As forward we were led.

Our sore, burnt paws were healed

Our coats no longer smokey and black

A rainbow appeared upon the bridge

And every wooden slat.

Then we finally saw him

The Master of us all,

We a rushed up to meet him

When we heard him call.

The small dogs sat upon his knee

The others at his sandalled feet,

Welcoming him like a dear old friend

Now our Journey was complete.

He said you are from Manchester

Your tragic story is well known,

I'd like those to know, way down there

In my beautiful kingdom, you're now ....

Re-homed.

Credit to June Burden