sadietoo

Orijen cat food

Our ten year old tabby had to go to the vets this am as he was proper poorly. He was diagnosed with a fuo given antibiotics and pussycat equivalent Calpol and told to have a duvet day. I am pleased to say he is much much better this pm and has managed a sachet of food! But anyway it gore me thinking that he's middle aged one and maybe I should overhaul his diet. ATM he has aims dried and Sheba fine flakes sachet but I'm not happy about the condition of his coat he has one or two skin issues and I think he's a little on the plump side. He's a big boy but weighed in at 6.6kg at the vets. I'd like to go grain free So I was wondering if anyone feeds orijen to their cats and if so what's the verdict ? Thanks for reading. Edited to say I hate spellchecker on the I pad! Errors too numerous to correct them all but I did type Iams. Honest!

As dried foods go, Orijen is considered one of the better ones. My cats eat a raw diet, as do the dogs.
. Mmmmm. As a vegetarian that's possibly a step too far for me ! Not that he wouldn't like it. But just that we don't have the ingredients on hand. Problem is that the boy loves his kibble !

My cat(s) only get Royal Canin dry food. Also a dry food with less fillers (so less poop too!). My own cat is a very fussy eater and will only eat two flavours of RC, nothing else.

Thank you. I will take a closer look at RC. It is much more widely stocked and so may be an easier option! ATM after another trip to the vets yesterday I can't get him to eat anything! going to try coley purée in a minute. Yum :vom:

Boiled chicken, any cooked white fish and tuna are good things to get your cat eating again. Hope he will take the coley.

My cat currently eats Pure Feline Beauty. With natural additives to improve her coat. Didn't buy it specifically for her coat, but this is what she will eat, so be it. She also will eat Exigent 34/39 which is specifically for very fussy eaters, but she prefers the Pure Feline now.

I always order mine online. Saves a lot of money and I don't have to drag it home on my bike... (especially the kitty litter!)

Just wanted to say thank you for the recommendation Cat Tails. Since I last posted I've had difficulty getting Spikey to eat anything. The coley was popular for all of three mouthfuls! Anyway today I bought a small bag of RC Exigent and he ate almost a whole bowl full! I don't know what's in it but he found it irresistible I am delighted and so relieved. !