Alis girls

Cats behaving badly................

caught our 11 yr old ginger tom in the kitchen sink this am licking the breakfast bowls :vom: "oy what are you doing !" I screeched at him - he jumped off the sink and landed with sharp claws which embedded in my toes (wearing flips flops) - cue for a lot of fruity language- cleaned toes and popped plasters on. Hopefully wont get infected as goodness knows where his feet have been :shock: i cant describe the pain - as toes are boney and not much skin but I felt slightly nauseous to say the least. Cats! :evil:

Harry has been known to try and lick my breakfast bowl WHILST I'm eating my breakfast :shock:

And on several occasions when I have taken a cuppa back to bed, he's jumped up and stuck his head in for a slurp :roll:

Sophie and Sabrina have both been known to drink from my glass of water too.

Cats :roll: Good job we love them :lol:

Hope your feet recover :wink:

Mr Yo-Yo has been known to jump up on the side in the kitchen to have a good chomp on a chicken carcass whilst we are tucking into our Sunday roast :roll: Mr Oliver (rip) used to be the most affectionate cat, purring the loudest purr I have ever heard.....until he decided enough was enough. The purr would turn off immediately and he would lash out! Miss Gizmo is similar to him, which must be due to the ginger she has in her coat. She is very affectionate but also a bitey cat.

Hope your toes are feeling better. They don't half hurt when things like that happen. Years ago I knocked a wine glass off the side in the kitchen and it hit the toe next to my big toe. The glass didn't break, but it did a huge cut on the toe which wouldn't stop bleeding if my foot wasn't elevated. Put paid to our day trip to a Bristol zoo planned for the next day :(

Claudette (a clue in the name) was generally known as 'Slasher' when she first adopted me although she's mellowed with age and lots of TLC.

She is a bit of a princess, and likes a clean litter tray. If I haven't been able to clean it out quickly enough, for her she will use the bath. :roll: whilst it's infuriating, I have to concede that there are worse places she could choose!

Claudette (a clue in the name) was generally known as 'Slasher' when she first adopted me although she's mellowed with age and lots of TLC.

She is a bit of a princess, and likes a clean litter tray. If I haven't been able to clean it out quickly enough, for her she will use the bath. :roll: whilst it's infuriating, I have to concede that there are worse places she could choose!

Definately! Like my bed for example! :vom:

My dearest iPoes is the sweetest cat I know and has never bitten or scratched me, but has her own little quirks... Once in a while she gets it in her little tiny brain that my bed is preferred over the little tray. And then will happily sleep in my bed again at night, once I cleaned everything up again. Still don't know why and after about 2 years of not doing it, she started again just 2 weeks ago... So during the day, my bedroom is off limits. Silly little cat.

My dad got so fed up with their cat drinking from his glass of water during the night that he ended up filling a bottle for himself and taking the cat a glass of water! :lol:

I was eating cheese the other evening and was holding a piece of cheese in my hand. I got distracted for a moment and Meg launched in and stole it clean out of my hand!

iPoes had a go at my neighbours cat today again (Red, who wants to live with me) and somehow injured a toe on one of her back legs. It was bleeding a bit but not much. Only it took me some time to find out and in the meantime she already stamped her bloody toe around my whole house... So I now have to mop everything... Great!

I cleaned her toe and the bleeding has stopped (hopefully) and I get to clean up.

It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only only with misbehaving pets :lol:

Lydia's tale of Meg and cheese reminded me of my gorgeous Tozi-cat. He absolutely adored roast chicken and would sit at my feet to be fed regular chunks. One day when I was distracted for a second or two, a big ginger paw landed on my plate and disappeared with 1/2 my chicken breast :shock:. After being pawed around the floor, I wasn't getting it back!

The next time we had chicken I was ready and waiting, and sure enough the ginger paw appeared again - and went away empty :dance:

Tonight Sophie brought home a mouse, then Sabrina ate it :roll:

It's hilarious though, as Sabs will take the mouse over to the food bowls to eat it :lol:

Harry is an affectionate cat who is also a biter, well more, nibbler. He'll lick my hand and then nibble it, not in a nasty way at all, but sometimes it does hurt. He does the same when he grooms Sabrina and Sophie. They aren't as forgiving as me and will swipe him when he does it to them, then he gets very offended.

Molly, at nearly 2, still hasn't learnt not to get up on kitchen surfaces when we're around (not sure if she's just the dimmest cat the world has ever known or doesn't give a monkey's about pleasing us) - yesterday I'd just finished icing cupcakes for a friend's birthday, swirly icing, sprinkles, glitter - the lot! I made the mistake of moving away from the counter to put stuff in the dishwasher before putting the cupcakes in their tin :roll: Molly was up on the counter, in amongst the cakes, taking huge swiping licks at as much of the caramel butter icing as she could before my screeching became unbearable. Needless to say I binned the lot - cat slobber and cat tongue tracks in the buttercream really don't look very enticing :oops:

Tonight Sophie brought home a mouse, then Sabrina ate it :roll:

It's hilarious though, as Sabs will take the mouse over to the food bowls to eat it :lol:

Harry is an affectionate cat who is also a biter, well more, nibbler. He'll lick my hand and then nibble it, not in a nasty way at all, but sometimes it does hurt. He does the same when he grooms Sabrina and Sophie. They aren't as forgiving as me and will swipe him when he does it to them, then he gets very offended.

These are called love bites and show real affection. Lucky you! :lol:

My dad got so fed up with their cat drinking from his glass of water during the night that he ended up filling a bottle for himself

I've had to do this too :lol:

He'll lick my hand and then nibble it, not in a nasty way at all, but sometimes it does hurt.

Smudgie does this - also to feet and legs when we've just got out of the shower :doh: