Ain't Nobody Here

Anyone take Menopace Plus? *3 month update*

Having suffered with horrendous night sweats & hot flushes for months now, rarely getting a full night's sleep, I've started on these tablets after a friend mentioned them.

Early days, day 3 to be precise, but I did have a better night's sleep last night. Coincidence maybe or all in the mind, but I'm looking forward to seeing if things continue to improve :D .

Anyone else tried them?

Edited by Guest

Havn't tried these (so interested to hear how you get on with them) but did try evening primrose capsules a while ago mainly for PMT but they didn't seem to make much difference!

I am having sleeping probs at present which may be menopause related (tho hormone levels are still stable) so did wonder about a specific supplement.

Mind you, I am never sure how long they take to kick in :think: Hope you get some zzzzzzzzz's :)

I've been using Estroplus from Boots for over a year and they sorted out my relentless hot flushes last year, but they came back even worse this summer. I tried acupuncture, which was absolutely amazing and just about stopped them - I'd say more warm glow than overwhelming, stop me in my tracks and smack me in the face roasting! I read about taking a Sage supplement a couple of months ago and that seems to be working for now, but I'll definitely go back for more acupuncture if needed.

Good luck in finding something that helps, I had no idea how horrible it was going to be. I met with a friend in Glasgow a few months ago and she scared me half to death when she told me hers had been going on for SEVEN YEARS!!

I started taking evening primrose capsules about 18 months ago to counter really bad PMS. I was also told I was in perimenopause around that time. I have to say they've been wonderful! I really noticed when I ran out of them for a few days and all the symptoms came flooding back.

I also tried Femarelle for a while but didn't think it made too much difference so stopped.

I found that sage capsules really helped, although after a while the smell made me want to :vom: . Also, and most of this is going to sound very tedious but in combination it worked for me:

Increased excercise

Reduced (almost reduced to Nil) alcohol

Having 2 single duvets rather than a double and changing to a natural wool duvet and pillows(see previous threads on this)

Wearing natural fibre clothing and layering items

Adding linseeds to food - breakfast cereal is good

Plenty of fruit, vegetables and fresh air

I can honestly say that after the first few months having hot flushes they reduced significantly and I don't get any at all now (age 55 and 3 years into menopause)

I feel much better now than in the years leading up to menopause - found that time really unsettling

I feel much better now than in the years leading up to menopause - found that time really unsettling

Thats the problem for me...I am finding it difficult to know if I AM peri menopausal as have no obvious symptoms (hot flushes in particular) yet just seem to be getting more and more bad tempered and emotional but then life is a bit stressy at the moment anyway :doh: . GP hormone level tests came back as normal recently too, adding to my confusion :wall:

Age 50 so almost on the edge of my seat for hot flushes and dreading :shock::oops: I won't ever be able to take HRT as was diagnosed 4 years ago with lobular carcinoma in situ which is very pre breast cancer so any additional oaestrogen

(? sp?)could mean vastly increased chances of developing full blown breast cancer! So its def the natural route for me but there are so many options out there :think:

I took Femarelle for a year or so (following Dogmother's recommendation :) ) and found it effective. I think I'm about 3 years on, and I am fine most of the time - everyone is different, of course, but please don't live in dread of it starting, I am probably more even-tempered and feel better than I did for the previous 35 years or so! It's not all bad.

Thats the problem for me...I am finding it difficult to know if I AM peri menopausal as have no obvious symptoms (hot flushes in particular) yet just seem to be getting more and more bad tempered and emotional but then life is a bit stressy at the moment anyway :doh: . GP hormone level tests came back as normal recently too, adding to my confusion :wall:

Age 50 so almost on the edge of my seat for hot flushes and dreading :shock::oops: I won't ever be able to take HRT as was diagnosed 4 years ago with lobular carcinoma in situ which is very pre breast cancer so any additional oaestrogen

(? sp?)could mean vastly increased chances of developing full blown breast cancer! So its def the natural route for me but there are so many options out there :think:

There are supplements specifically for imminent menopause, Boots sell different versions of them. They also sell a testing kit (pee in a bottle kind of thing) which identifies where you are (or aren't) in the inevitable process. So far, I'm finding the alternative approaches are working perfectly for me, they may well do for you .... when the dreaded time comes. Good luck!

Having taken Menopace for a week, I do think it's working to a degree. I'm still having flushes but haven't really woken up in the middle of the night drenched and burning up and unable to get back to sleep - the only nights that did happen, I'd had some wine during the evening. Might be a coincidence but will need to collect further data!

I've been taking it for 3 months now and can honestly say I can't remember when I last had a hot flush. I get the occasional warm glow during the day but I've not had night sweats/flushes since just after starting the tablets. It's such a relief :D .

I was tempted to come off them to test whether it's the tablets or whether the flushes have gone by themselves but I don't want to risk getting them back :anxious: .

Glad to hear it ANH

Femarelle worked well for me for a year or so,then the symptoms returned with a vengeance :roll: I have been on HRT patches for a few years now, and the GP keeps threatening to take me off them, but I don't see why.... I am fit and healthy with no family history of breast cancer.

Has anyone here got experience of being on it long term?

I find Stella helps me sleep, well get to sleep anyway then comes the loo wakes, but soon off again. Mornings afterwards not too good though, Having said that after having a week of so off the Stella I still wake up feeling like I have had a skin full.

Sorry I am the only male intruder on this thread but will point Mrs B toward it as she is a terrible sleeper. :D:D

Glad to hear it ANH

Has anyone here got experience of being on it long term?

DM, my mother took HRT after her hysterectomy for around 25 years until about nine years ago. She was absolutely fine on it. Within five years of stopping she had started to develop aging symptoms, arthritis, deafness etc. Not sure if it is all a coincidence though. She is still as strong as an ox and had lots of energy, within the restrictions of the arthritis of course.