Leicester_H

How early are the Royal Mail allowed to deliver parcels ?

Hi

Tried searching for answer but can't find it, so I thought I'd ask on here as Omleteers know EVERYTHING.

How early are the Royal Mail allowed to deliver parcels ?

I ask because this morning, the door bell rang at 6.55 am! It was a post man with a parcel.

When people telephone or ring the door bell at this sort of time, my heart sinks as I expect something bad must have happened. I said it was very early and he said its near Christmas ! I know this but......

There must be a start time - or they could call at 5.55 am or 4.55 am or ....anytime in the night.

Anyone know ?

H

it depends slightly on the type of delivery office their based at and the delivery system they use

but I think ours don't leave till 07:30 but they operate the 2 men in a van system plus they still do their own sorting and they have to deliver parcels first plus their getting a lot of timed parcels

one of the Yodel agents around here doesn't start till noon but the latest I've seen him deliver is 8:30 pm but he delivers 7 days a week

Funny enough I had a guy knock today from a neighbouring close with a parcel for me that was delivered to him by mistake, he was really hacked off as he said yodel delivered it at 11.30pm!!!!!!

Yodel are a law unto themselves. I actively avoid buy things if they're going to be delivered by Yodel.

I was waiting and tracking a parcel that was being delivered by them once. The tracking screen suddenly changed and said it had been delivered - it hadn't. Delivery man simply entered that he'd delivered everything for day and knocked off early.

I guess parcel firms can do what they want (within reason) but I'd have thought the Royal Mail must conform to some sorts of rules ? (can't find it on their web site)

I thought it was the same as hospitals....Not supposed to wake a patient up before 7 am , except for those on hourly, two hourly obs.

I remember getting told off by Matron as a student nurse for carrying out the night sisters orders to start the 6 am obs on everyone, Matron did an early round and I got a telling off , and a lecture.....

So 7 am I do believe, you are not supposed to disturb anyone in domestic residence outside of an emergency before 7 am.

I'm up early for work so I suppose if a light is on probably wouldnt bother me except at weekends. However waited in all day for a parcel suppose to come at between 12.30 and 13.30 but arrived at 17.00 :evil: So frankly an early parcel wouldnt bother me - can always go back to bed if not working.

Our posties are not allowed to leave parcels anymore...thankfully we are only 5 mins from the village PO but theres nothing so frustrating as getting home at lunchtime on a Saturday and finding one of those 'you were out' notices and realising you are going to have to contain your excitement until 9.00am on Monday :roll:

I have had things delivered before7 am but only just usually about 6.55 we used to first on our poste's run, which I liked because you didn't have to worry about being out. I have had two parcels left outside my door this week, one from Hermes and one from DX. Was at home for three days then at work for two guess when my parcels came :roll:

EEk done it again - rap on the door and I thought it was YS back from park. "Ok darling just a sec" I trilled to find a shocked looking African man with a parcel thrust at arms length. I am worried I will be known as the cougar at No 11 :lol:to be avoided by all mail men!!! I was dressed in trackies and hoodie and not a neglilee!!! I;ve done this before - will I never learn?

finally got to ask my postie about this officially they can't deliver before 7am but with our sorting office that only applies to what they refer to as van deliveries with in a mile of the office and that's only because they use a type of box trolley on a few walks that aren't big enough to take parcels

on the rest of the walks were they use the 2 men and a van system they deliver the parcels themselves but by the time they've done their sorting and loaded the vans it can be 9 am ish before they get on to the walk Thursday the day I spoke to the postie it was 9 before they got out of the office