chuckmum6

Dry puppy food

As long as it is puppy food it does not really matter which make you choose - Burns puppy is good with less residue at the other end if the puppy does well on it - or Hills puppy is very good and although expensive you seem to get what you pay for - Beta puppy (Purina) is a very popular one and is middle of the road really rather than the cheap ones. All the puppy foods should have a high enough protein level for the puppy till its fully grown.

I went for Barking Heads for both our pups. The "little big foot" for the rottie pup and the "puppy days" for the JR, they both did really well on it.

We've also swapped Mum's old collie onto the "tender loving care chicken" as he'd started being sick with the James Wellbeloved he was on.

I think it's a great food.

Raw is very good, natural way dogs have eaten for years. I attended a training seminar with HRH Princess Anne attending too for Riding for the Disabled years ago and a very experienced vet spoke about how for years of his career he had recommended his clients dogs to have kibble and then he saw the saw a continuous amount of similar conditions being presented to him and related it back to the dogs diet. It was strong stuff at a seminar about horses. I remembered it though and thought if I ever get a dog I'll feed raw. I have done more research and the general consensus is that feeding raw means less trips to the vet :D and a very healthy dog. There are ready done raw products available too. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Have fun with your puppy, it's such an exciting and fun time :D