Alis girls

Rude husbands/partners!!

I put a loaf on speedy setting in the bread maker - every so often we have a dud loaf and no didnt screw up on the ingredients. Anyhow my OH says to YS " it looks like the new Range Rover" :shock: ha, ha. Sundays is a day for a sense of humour bypass as theres a long week ahead and I tend to be grumpy. I told him to take it outside and try n drive it

No - thanks for tip - I will try that. I just get a little fed up of male banter sometimes. Dont get me wrong I love them (OH and sons) to bits but I am the butt of all their jokes - I do get my own back thou. My OH has a great sense of humour - I just wasnt in the mood for the bread criticism today. And breathe.

I love your response! :lol:

Yes, also the butt of jokes here with OH and DD. Mostly I take it but when it's a relentless session between them it does become rather grrr-worthy!!!

The one that is wearing very thin now is that (because he's almost 6 years younger) I apparently used to read him bed time stories and tuck him up in bed.

The other one that is currently in use is along the lines of "good night dearest whiff". I respond with good night Stinky. He feigns offence. "But your are my whiff because I married you". I hate him sometimes! :evil:

My bête noire is when I've said something in all seriousness and it's deemed silly or even cute!! :vom:

There's the comical eye rolling, the little paternalistic chuckle and the sort of 'doh, silly woman' noise. My response is a bit mean and I might get a bit shrill :oops:

I ask " Why did you laugh and make that weird noise. Exactly what is it about what I just did/said was funny. Go on, tell me". It works a treat and results in general stuttering.

I'm fighting getting older in as many ways as I can and being labelled a daft old woman is one of them!

........and I hate with a capital H anything approaching banter. I've stopped doing my lovely little voluntary thing because one of the men was really getting on my nerves. I figured I could find better things to do with my spare time than listen to his sexist comments.