Chicken shack

Grandchildren very sad. (Updated)

So very sorry to read your update. I can only echo what others on here have said. I hope you can get some support, you are doing something so important for the children but you can't fill a vessel from an empty pot, so please look after yourself as much as you can and don't be afraid to ask for help. Best wishes.

I'm so sorry to read of your sad loss. What an awful time for you and your family.

I hope that you can gather as much support around you as possible and like others have said, try and find time for some grief counselling for yourself. I can imagine that you have had to put a lid on your emotions over the past few months in order to protect your grandchildren.

You need an outlet for yourself and I can highly recommend counselling.

Take good care of yourself.

Sending lots of love xx

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and all you've told us of what you are going through. What a wonderful person you are to give a home and your life to youngsters at this stage of their lives and at such a hard time.

Don't be hard on yourself you are going to grieve for a long time and you have lots of stress but you will find happiness again and hold onto the moments of joy. You are great and I have so much admiration for you. Hope you get the support you need.

I am so sorry to hear your sad news :cry: I cant even imagine what you are all going through. Do try and look after yourself. I agree with chickencam; they want a healthy grandma not a tidy home. Do try and get help if you need it, esp grief councelling. Your grandkids will need to be able to get across how they are feeling, and that what they are feeling is normal.

Sending you lots of (((hugs))), and remember we are all here for you should you need us x

So, so sorry to read your very sad news. It must be very hard to deal with your grandchildren's feelings of grief whilst hurting so much yourself. There is lots of support out there but often its case of finding it and being able to access it.......have you tried Citizen's Advice to see which directions they can point you in?

You know that you can 'vent' on here anytime...we are all rooting for you. Christmas can be such a wonderful time but also difficult when things are not as they should be or have been in the past. Most importantly take care of yourself/selves by eating properly, trying to find some quiet times in the day to be 'with yourself' rather than granny mode. So wishing that there was more we could all do but we are right behind you........

I'm so very sorry to hear about your daughter, I cannot pretend to imagine what it must be like for you - all of you.

Can you get any respite help from the children's father or other grandparents?

Could your DS perhaps have them once a month?

Any respite, however small, that you can depend on and look forward to, may make a difference.

I'm sorry I don't have any practical advice or help to offer.

What you are doing is amazing.