eve

help conplaint

I am sorry you have had a complaint via the council. However, a complaint does not mean you are in the wrong. You have done nothing wrong and you have every right to keep chickens. They may not like it, but tough. You have mentioned "hassle" but they are not giving you any hassle other than one complaint that has, apparently, not been upheld. You describe your "lovely girls" and you have had them a while. Stand up for your rights, keep your hens, don't let one inconsequential "complaint" make you do something you don't want to.

Funny enough I remember a posting a few years ago of a poor lady who was distraught about having to give up her hens so decided to give them away free with either a cube or classic, can't remember which one.

Long story short but she was texting asking how the hens were and not getting any replies so decided to pop round and found the omlet filled with new hens and her girls dispatched...very sad

Funny enough I remember a posting a few years ago of a poor lady who was distraught about having to give up her hens so decided to give them away free with either a cube or classic, can't remember which one.

Long story short but she was texting asking how the hens were and not getting any replies so decided to pop round and found the omlet filled with new hens and her girls dispatched...very sad

This is always going to be a risk. Many on here keep their chooks as pets but there are also many others who keep chickens as livestock and dispatching the layers every year or so to get in younger and more productive hens is not that unusual.

Well my girls are doing fine at my grandmas house she and her gardener are doing a grand job of looking after them, the gardener going four times aday!! Said he didnt need to go that much once aday is fine, but he is hanging cabbage up brussells kale all sorts of things for them.All grown in the garden the ones that arent going to make the table. And havent been inside either. Think its given them both something to do they get excited eveyday when the eggs are there trying to work out which ones have laid .xx thanks for everyones comments on here it did help.