patsylabrador

Favourite British Band

What's your favourite British band (any decade)? I didn't have to put any thought to this because I think it has to be Supertramp for me. There were a lot of contenders but I'm pretty sure this is my favourite. I do have a favourite song - A Soapbox Opera, I'd like to know if you have a favourite song from your chosen band too but that can be quite difficult to pick.

I love so many of Supertramp's tracks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/d2ff6b6b-fc30-48dc-8952-06f9d8fc64f8

The Jam. Or The Beatles. I never really know which. But my favourite Jam song is Down In The Tubestation and my favourite Beatles song is Blackbird - in fact that's my favourite song full stop.

Supertramp remind me of time spent with my dad when I was very young - must've been around 6 or 7.

Without a doubt Queen. I was lucky enough to see them in the seventies with Freddie Mercury. Also saw Queen and Adam Lambert in three of their concerts on last European tour and havebtickets for three concerts this Autumn. Very hard to choose favourite as they are all so good. Love of my Life would be a contender especially as Brian May dedicated to Freddie's mum who was in the audience at Nottingham Arena, very moving.

Where do I start

1 in the 70's the bee gees, bay city rollers , Osmond's, showaddywaddy, Queen

2 in the 80's anything new romantic culture club that sorta thing

3in the 90's went off scene a bit due to family commitments. Now prefer soloists but like it when the old groups having finished bringing up families come back into fashion. Newbee wise love George Ezra easy on the eye and that voice. Like cream