Willow

Replacement kitchen cabinet doors

OH fitted out the laundry room with B&Q cabinets a few years ago. I noticed many of the doors the foil wrap has 'blown' and the surface is no longer adhered to the door. The cabinets are all sound so all I want to do is replace the door and drawer fronts. There's loads of online companies and I have no idea how to chose :shock:

I'd like cream/ivory shaker style and would be happy to paint the doors if that would get me a longer lasting door, not keen to have foil wrapped again. Don't want to spend too much

Has anyone any recommendations? Or people to avoid?

Can totally recommend DIY kitchens :D

We got ours from there in April and I'm very pleased with it.

We even drove up to Yorkshire to check out the work tops - they had 60+ compared to B&Q's 12 :shock:

One of the teachers that I work with told me about them in the first place and I'm glad he did.

They are an internet company but do have a showroom you can look round.

We bought shiny cream for our doors.

Lovely and reflective and much easier to keep clean than I originally thought.

The only thing is to make sure you check everything thoroughly and quickly, as you only get 10 days to sort out any problems. Peel off all of the plastic - not just the corners like we did :(

Oh good point about the hinge holes luvachicken :shock: I hadn't thought of that at all and I wanted easy replacement. Please thank your OH from me as he's saved me from turning this into too large a job I think it's back to B&Q :lol:

Grandmashazzie Not sure if this is the right definition but foilwrapped is a type of veneered door. I had shakerish style mounded doors (cheaper than their shaker doors) and the veneer was mounded around mdf. It's delaminated at the front whilst still being wrapped around the door (if that's makes sense). I'll take a look at B&Q more expensive doors this time.

Thank-you both for your comments very helpful :D

Ikea sell doors on their own, with soft close hinges. Brian has just fitted ours & he says it is the best engineered kitchen he has ever fitted - it is certainly solid feeling & very smooth.

We went for the Bodbyn in Ivory, & bought hammered copper handles from a fab place called K"Ooops, word censored!"bles & Bobbles.

There are photos on our Facebook Blog page, La Ferme Sauvage, if anyone is interested :-)