patsylabrador

Would you.....?

1 minute ago, GrannyTrish said:

Crikey! No way. You never see any unattended children nowadays. Too much traffic and horror stories on the news for parents and grandparents to feel that the kids are secure enough outside on their own.

You don’t? I only see unattended children these days... kids seem to be at least 10 metres from their parents. With them yelling to look out at a 3 year old. Or just not yelling and only looking at their phones... it’s like they expect others to raise their kids. I have had a parent tell me at parents evening that he believed school was responsible for raising his son. Told him that his kid was 12 when we got him and he had 12 years to raise him and I wasn’t bloody going to do it.

I always had to hold my moms hand, was only allowed to get out of the car on the curb side etc.

Agggh! Gave me the wobbles just looking at this pic (esp as baby is absolute spitting image of me at that age!) I was left out in my pram to sleep, strapped in, but it was a huge Silver Cross one (which sis and I later turned into a go cart!) so very solid. 

What frightens the life out of me is the road where we all park for YS primary school. It's little more than a village lane and some mums let their  youngsters (school age and well under) run ahead along the lane in spite of cars trying to pull in and out of spaces to park and making their way along the length of the lane too. I indicate clearly at all times (most parents don't) and crawl along at 5 mph in 2nd gear but have still had several near misses and been glared at....like it was my fault the child was allowed to run on ahead down a busy lane or dart out between parked cars without holding parent's hand! 

Being in that crate would just add to my fear of heights :sad:

Fancy doing that to a baby. Why not just take them for a walk outside in the pram, then they'd fall asleep on the way home.

I love the Silver Cross prams and would have loved one of the toy ones when I was little. 

Don't think it was Silver Cross but my mother had a massive, solidly built pram (it had done service with four others before me!), there was a sort of arrangement of boards so you could sit up in it, when big enough.  She kept on using the pram till long after I was able to walk, because it was great for carrying heavy shopping.  It was always parked outside the shops and left there with me sitting in it, because there wouldn't have been room to take the pram inside.

That cage fills me with anxiety, because I don't like heights - I think it was designed for the sort of tower block where it would be almost impossible to keep a pram and get it up and down stairs.