ajm200

Pekin acting broody since Easter

Sorry I haven’t been in here much.  Been a stressful year so far.  

Looking for some advice please.  Any ideas on how I snap one of our Perkins out of a prolonged broody phase?  She first went broody about a month after beginning to lay back at Easter.  Three days in a broody cage seemed to fix her but the next hen went broody a few days later and Gawky joined her in the nest box.    She repeated this as all 5 of her sisters went broody.  They all fit over it quickly but she’s still keen to be the cube (in the bars).  If I close the door she sits on the top step. She’s been in the dog crate for a week at a time sometimes.  She seems ok for a few hours on release only to end up back on the bars later in the day.    Locked out of the run she will make a hollow in the mud bath and settle there.  She’s lost so much weight that she can now sneak out of the crate between the bars in the bottom.  I’d leave her to it is she was eating enough but she’s so skinny now