Fox problem - the solution ...

My man looked at me as if I were mad when I told him it helped with fox control and won't pee in a jug or around the perimeter, I too presume the matter is closed. I have heard that if you hang bags of human hair on fences that this also deters Mr fox not sure if it works but worth a go ask the hair dresser for some next time you go........... :lol:

well my OH must be a real man cos last year he obliged for me! :D although only after checking dilligently that all the neighbours were out! however, he cant do that now, as the poor thing is on chemotherapy and as we garden organically- cant have all those chemicals pee-ed into the garden! oh well... :(

Leanne tell Andy he is a real man, sorry he can't oblige at the moment but hope he is getting back on track, I called my OH a wimp when he said he wouldn't do it none of our neighbours would be able to see him.....I don't know what are they like, I can't even persuade my 14 year old son, Little Emily said I will do it mummy Bless....... :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My son would probably do it just so he could offend our neighbour :lol: but then Carl would be beside himself with worry :?

Leanne - pleased to hear that Andy is doing well - tell him we're thinking of him and hope he can soon be back out pee'ing around the fences. :roll:

My dear LSH regulary does the honours for me and he's not bothered which method he uses, it's me that goes for the pee in a bottle version. Old washing up liquid bottles are great as helps in aiming. Bit worried about other halfs love of alfresco weeing though :lol::lol:

My dear LSH regulary does the honours for me and he's not bothered which method he uses, it's me that goes for the pee in a bottle version. Old washing up liquid bottles are great as helps in aiming. Bit worried about other halfs love of alfresco weeing though :lol::lol:

Perhaps men shoud always use washing up bottles if it helps with their aim :lol:

Dear LSH kneels down as he's quite tall. and the boys used to be very good but adolescence has put paid to that. I have a friend who's hubby is 6ft 9inch and he sits because of splashing and also because of the noise he makes, sounds like a burst main from that height, I'm told. They have to have specially made baths and shower stalls as well

I must admit that mine are trained to sit as well - just because they can stand doesn't mean they have to :lol::lol::lol:

Now - what was this topic again - I started and now it's completely hijacked :roll: Sorry :oops: (and we're in Chickens and not Nesting Box - even worse!)

Edited by Guest

Dear all, I think this verifies the educational merits of this website! So far, I've learnt 3 ways of training small boys to aim.

I recently had a fancy lavatory installed in the cloakroom with a lid which closes gently when touched as I was fed up with viewing unflushed urine from the boys. Unfortunately, as with most best laid plans, it's backfired so to speak and the little darlings are so fascinated to watch it close that the latest game is to try and finish peeing before the lid closes altogether!!! I leave it up to your imagination what state the floor is in!! On a different note, I don't understand why our men would object to peeing in the garden as all restaurants etc have urinals which aren't terribly private either. Mine primarily objects as he doubt a bit of wee can put a fox off when a naked woman with a rake screaming obscenities failed! Soooo unreasonable.

I came down yesterday to find what can only be described as teeth marks in the side of my Eglu - where something (probably a Fox) had been trying to prise the lid off!!!

I also read that male urine keeps foxes away but our back garden overlooks a valley of houses and hubby is a bit shy to pee in front of an audience and refused to pee in a bottle!!!

I also heard that Lion Poo keeps foxes away - but our local zoo refused to give us or sell us any!!!

I have used some "Get Off" spray on the Eglu at night and so far it doesn't look like the fox has tried again - and today bought some wild animal deterrent that needs mixing with water in a watering can over the permiter - fingers crossed

Kelly - Newbie, Devon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Er, or maybe not quite.

But I thought you'd enjoy this one anyway.

My mother in law has a friend who keeps chickens, but she also has a local fox that hangs around on her garage roof. She now buys chicken breasts from the butcher, which she feeds to the fox on her garage roof, to discourage him from needing to take hens.

Apparently it's worked so far.

interesting but I think her food bill will be very huge as she is going to end up with them all surviving..brothers sisters cousins etc :lol::lol: Not a fan of foxy but it is such a perscuted animal as it does keep the rodent population down and rabbits that are digging holes in my horses meadow(broken legs etc etc) But a gun would be great solution if possible..most farmers are good at dealing with nuisance foxes(I hate seeing them poisoned..although stupid as have no qualms about poisoning Ratty...um conscience issues I have) :? I would not want it any where near the pets!..mange too etc

Scoot is supposed to be good. Silent Roar is lion poo in a box - you can buy it to deter foxes and cats. I swear by Foxwatch too.

Strange isn't it - I used to love foxes...now a sighting of those sharp little faces, even on television, makes me feel strong emotions: fear and even hatred. Awful to admit but I love my girls so much...........