Popcorn Posted October 13, 2007 Share Posted October 13, 2007 What a superb film. I was SO pleased after flicking through the channels (skipping the rugby) to see it on, and I only just missed the start. I'm a huge musicals fan, and I love the old Rogers and Hammerstein films, but Moulin Rouge has such a fantastic script and the twist with the songs is just brilliant. A real move on for modern-day musicals. Not forgetting the fantastic Euan McGregor and his brilliant singing debut. What a talent - and such a gorgeous face to go with it. It's a feast for the eyes and ears. Right, I'm off to indulge and sing along! Kylie has just flew on the scene.... Now, where did I put my dancing shoes...? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted October 13, 2007 Share Posted October 13, 2007 Oh Gina, one of my favourite films (have 2 copies as i wore the last dvd out ). I have it on repeat play when i'm doing the housework. Its brilliant!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redfrock Posted October 13, 2007 Share Posted October 13, 2007 I love that film! I have the CD and the DVD - it really is wonderful. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 13, 2007 Share Posted October 13, 2007 I tried watching it once and couldn't stand it after the first 15 minutes. Think I'll have to watch it again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fairy&cake Posted October 13, 2007 Share Posted October 13, 2007 fab movie! im going to bed now as i have a 5am start. Enjoy ladies!!! xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted October 13, 2007 Share Posted October 13, 2007 watching this as we speak! My favourite bit now - where they are dancing around him "so exciting...la la la la la la la"..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted October 13, 2007 Share Posted October 13, 2007 I tried watching it once and couldn't stand it after the first 15 minutes. Think I'll have to watch it again I felt the same way Snowy and turned it off, after 20 mins, the first time i saw it. Love it now though! Really clever film. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Popcorn Posted October 13, 2007 Author Share Posted October 13, 2007 I think the 'musical film genre' is a required taste. I think it's in the marmite league of either loving or hating them. Gotta go, the ad's have finished! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted October 14, 2007 Share Posted October 14, 2007 This is also my fave musical but I do think you have to get past the first 20 minutes the first time you watch it - I nearly switched off and was so glad I didn't. I dont always watch the sad bit at the end though but do have to watch the credits at least twice as bolero is the best bit of music Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted October 14, 2007 Share Posted October 14, 2007 One of my faves too I love the Tango scene Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fairy&cake Posted October 14, 2007 Share Posted October 14, 2007 my fav' scene is the Love Elephant melody. baz lurhman is a genius Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 14, 2007 Share Posted October 14, 2007 Its a big fave of mine too - I adore Baz Lurhmanns movies...Romeo+Juiliet is also up there in my top 10. Talking of talented & famous directors, my daughter mentioned that a girl in her year had just come back from America where she had been with her family while her director dad shot a movie. I asked her surname & its Greengrass - the daughter of one of my most favourite directors Paul Greengrass, & they were shooting The Bourne Ultimatum I have tried to enourage said daughter to buddy up, but she doesn't get on with this girl - typical Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted October 14, 2007 Share Posted October 14, 2007 Awful awful It would help if it didnt have that dreadful singing Nicole Kidman in it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted October 14, 2007 Share Posted October 14, 2007 thank goodness I am not the only one - I loathe this film! Friend and I settled down with a DVD and a bottle of wine for a girly evening last year, all our other friends had raved about it. We stuck it for about half an hour, and then by mutual consent turned it off and just drank the wine! I love musicals, but this was just ghastly - and I do agree, Bronze, the worst of a bad lot is Nicole Kidman! I feel like a Philistine every time it's mentioned because everyone else I speak to thinks it's wonderful - I just don't get it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted October 14, 2007 Share Posted October 14, 2007 A relief for me too - I thought I was the only philistine! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted October 15, 2007 Share Posted October 15, 2007 I have started to watch this film twice but couldnt stand it after 10 mins so off it went! Does it get better after the first 10 mins? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted October 15, 2007 Share Posted October 15, 2007 No Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted October 15, 2007 Share Posted October 15, 2007 Thanks Bron! I like straight forward answers! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted October 15, 2007 Share Posted October 15, 2007 But its wonderful All that spectacle, those costumes,the music, the set pieces,& Ewan too ! I love it,although I can see how it may not be everyones cup of tea Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...