Cat tails

Meet Houdini and co.

5 hours ago, Luvachicken said:

I scored a 4 out of 5 the other week with the chicks.

No idea who didn't lay an egg but strangely, only Nellie and Nancy have managed to lay an egg since.

That’s a lot of eggs!

Look at those eyebrows!

AFA5EABF-D265-4059-85EC-9CC0804CF554.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cat tails said:

If the post to the UK wasn’t so hard to predict right now, I could send you hatching eggs. They aren’t very hard to come by.

Thanks for the thought but you’re right, they could sit in customs for weeks!

Maybe when things settle down 🤞🏻

Think I got my first Barnevelder egg today. Quite small and light, but definitely more brown than the others eggs. And diligently kept warm by Gerda… 😒

Now I hope Mus will start doing eggs soon, and she isn’t just an oversized budgie.

C4663A99-4DEB-450E-BC31-A134353B5973.jpeg

• Like 1

Think Selma is one of those hens preferring to lay in a shrub somewhere… she has been in and out of the nestbox for the past half an hour. Digging to China and pacing up and done whining… why do I always have one of those??? 😒

1 hour ago, Cat tails said:

Digging to China and pacing up and done whining… why do I always have one of those??? 😒

I think I have had one of those every time I've had chickens.

At the moment it's Molly, but no doubt one of the new ones will start whinging about their labour pain.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Luvachicken said:

I think I have had one of those every time I've had chickens.

At the moment it's Molly, but no doubt one of the new ones will start whinging about their labour pain.

I locked her in the coop for about 20 min while I cleaned the run. Went to check, no egg. Let her out, because I still needed to clean the coop. 
When I got back from putting the wheelie bin out, there was an egg in the run. :doh:

• Haha 2