Alis girls

Retirement!!

Wow! And I didn't have you down as the retiring type, Ali! Seriously, you have clearly given so much to others that you truly deserve time to yourself (and chickens 😉) just think of all those exciting projects that you can embark on; keep us posted! When is 'the big day'?

I second what Soapdragon says, you've obviously given a huge amount to everyone else during your career, so I hope you can really enjoy the next phase of your life doing exactly as you choose.  I know many people in their 50s who are not 'retired' but who have stepped back from their careers, either working part-time or going into something different as a last hurrah, sometimes as a volunteer, sometimes paid.  I don't know anybody who has regretted it!  I think things will reveal themselves to you as time goes by, as to what you want to do.  It may be lots, or it may be very little.    I wish you lots of luck and happiness, taking back control of your time, and not having to deal with people and situations which I'm sure would test the patience of a saint.  

You have devoted a long time to others and now it is time for yourself.

I overheard some teachers at school, just the other day, talking about retirement and one said "make sure you have something to do"

I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do.

Most people I know that are retired say they don't know how they had the time to go to work.

Enjoy yourself and congratulations !! 

Hi folks - heres my update

Having extention built which is super stressful. I hope its finished by Christmas

On work front I am now working as a befreinding coordinator for an elderly charity 8 hours a week. I still befreind my 2 ladies of 97 and 77 who I kept an eye on during last year. 

I worked my first agency nurse shift thsi week which went ok, so nervous after 4 months of not working. went ok and should have work one day a week till March . Good thing is if I dont like them I can walk - dont have to take any nonsense from anyone. 

• Like 2

I’ve not been on here for so long, too long. Great news about your retirement Ali’s Girls lovely to able to dictate your pace more now. Wishing you all the best. I’ve gone the other way and have been working full time for the past 4 months probably only until Christmas then I’ll drop back a bit. Total culture shock after being furloughed for so long but nice to be needed again and get the old grey matter going again 😊