Guest Poet

The Pick Me Up/Good News Thread. Use it daily!

I'm equidistant between the two locations of Haigh & Moss Bank! One of my homebirth friends gets her meat form the Haigh shop, I'm sure.

I started my working life in St Helens, met hubby there (through work), lived there from 1995-1999 & hubby has family there. He is originally from Wavertree.

Ethna loves to go shopping in St Helens as there is a Woolies there... lots of toys :roll:

small world! :)

That site looks good - the butchery looks a lot like the one at Jimmy's farm.

anther good reason to use them, no stressful journies for the animals and the meat really is gorgeous, we had scouse last night made with their stewing steak, melts in your mouth!

I spent 3 1/2 hours doing housework yesterday :dance: . "How's that good news?", I hear you ask. Well, it wasn't actually MY house - soil in the run dug over, garden lime and new hemcore added, eglu dismantled and thoroughly cleaned, new plastic raincover added. It all looks boootiful and the girlies are really enjoying the new hemcore :D .

Why did I enjoy that so much when I can't be bothered cleaning my own house :think: .

I spent 3 1/2 hours doing housework yesterday :dance: . "How's that good news?", I hear you ask. Well, it wasn't actually MY house - soil in the run dug over, garden lime and new hemcore added, eglu dismantled and thoroughly cleaned, new plastic raincover added. It all looks boootiful and the girlies are really enjoying the new hemcore :D .

Why did I enjoy that so much when I can't be bothered cleaning my own house :think: .

:lol::lol::lol: Ditto, I hate housework :oops: I'm not very good at it either but then again perhaps I need to practise more :lol:

karen x

I could do it for other people, and walk away leaving the place looking lovely, as long as I don't see them make a mess as soon as I had finished. That's the bit I hate most.

karen x

come and do mine then, i promise not to make a mess till you've gone :D

I can give you some mayonnaise, or quiche, or creme brulee or even just some eggs in return! :D:D:D

Oh, just rub it in, why don't you, mentioning all these egg-based edibles :shameonu: . Can't even have a simple boiled egg here :cry: .

Milly has started crouching, though, so :pray: I might be able to make something eggy soon :lol:.

yeah but your chickens sit on your knee so nur! :P:wink:

phew! I have just filed my tax return online (after putting it off since ... er, well since about April!) I have a real mental block about anything to do with the Inland Revenue, and it still took me an hour and one phone-call to their helplines ... but IT'S DONE! And I don't have to do it for ANOTHER YEAR!

the downside is that I owe them some money! :(

I feel sooooo good now, I really wish I hadn't put it off for so long!

the house is clean and I'm managing (so far) to keep on top of everything that backed up while I was particularly ill.

The gardener came so the grass is looking nice.

got 3 eggs from the girls today so made Nigella's oeuf en cocotte for lunch, totally delish!!!!!!

about to have homemade spag bol and chill out for the evening...might even have a bourbon and coke! 8)

i think that's it for now :)