Aunty e

More kittens on the way...

Cleo has finally decided to have hers, three days late. She's a mau, and they're often late. I don't think we'll see any little heads until tonight, as Evie took an entire day to get through this stage. In perfect timing, my double glazing chaps are turning up today (they are of course two hours late already) and I have to go to work for a couple of hours as soon as they get here. Fabulous. Hoping Cleo will cross her legs til I get back.

PS anyone know what I can do about kitty squits? Evie has the runs, and keeps getting on the kittens and the rest of the house. She seems healthy otherwise, so I'm loathe to drag her and the kittens to the vet.

how exciting, look forward to seeing pics of Cleo's offspring! Hope it goes well.

Re your question - I would say withhold food for 24 hours, but I take it she's a nursing mother? You could try bland food - boiled rice or cereal similar, I know that works for humans but I don't know if it works for cats! It might help to bung her up a bit/calm her digestive system down.

Maybe you could ring the vet for advice, without having to take her in there.

Does it have a probiotic in it aunty e as that is the bit you need :?

Live yoghurt is the best if you have it the greek one total is excelent and really creamy so a cat will love it 8)

It may not work depending an what is wrong but it won't do any harm :? Often the runs are just down to a bacterial imbalance :roll:

Fraid not, yet another false alarm. I'm told Maus can go up to a week overdue, and after she'd had 'signs' for a day with no kits, I took her to the vet. Kittens all fine and mummy healthy, she just doesn't feel like it yet. Funny old thing. SO any time between THIS SECOND and Saturday. :roll:

wow, I was thinking she couldn't still be in labour! Will keep checking, I'm very interested to know how these turn out. (*repeats firmly* NO! I do NOT want a kitten)

Hope Evie's tummy has improved as well, that all sounded rather messy. You really are going to have your hands full!

STILL no kittens. There was a bit of *ahem* oozing in the last few days, but even that seems to have stopped. Still, the little blighters are kicking away, so we'll see how it goes for the next few days. As long as I don't lose another duvet, I don't care when she has them really. I'm in the middle of redoing the kitchen (such timing I have), so the next couple of days would be rubbish for me. Maybe she'll hang on til sunday.

Yummy, can I have some too! :P

Evie is much better, but has a horrid bald bit on her bum where she very bravely pulled all of the matted (pooey) fur out. Poor love. I keep wanting to give her lovely food, but after last time, I think we'll stick to the hills thank you very much. Maybe I'll get her some of their tinned stuff....

Cleo had her kittens this morning, but sadly two of them were stillborn. Absolutely heartbreaking, they looked perfect, but just didn't breathe. I had a go at resuscitating them, but it didn't work.

She has two beautiful little mites suckling away now, and seems blissfully happy. They're a kind of silvery stripey tabby with lovely spotty tummies like their mummy. I'll get piccies in a bit.