Rona Posted December 26, 2007 Share Posted December 26, 2007 I won't let them smoke in the lounge because of the budgie so we all sit in the conservatory, which is very cosy anyway. You are very accommodating Poet, I don't have any smoking friends now but they used to have to go to the bottom of the garden if they wanted to indulge. ........ and before anyone says anything they have stopped smoking now not just stopped being friends Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted December 26, 2007 Share Posted December 26, 2007 I'm an ex smoker and I do have the odd puff when they visit, okay I scrounge the odd cigarette or two! I don't miss it at all any other time funnily enough. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 26, 2007 Share Posted December 26, 2007 I don't allow anyone to smoke in my house! Ever! Yankee Candles or not!! I hope they do the trick. I've had a Cranberry and Orange one on the go today.......lovely. Sparkling Angel yesterday. I think that is my favourite so far. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted December 26, 2007 Share Posted December 26, 2007 ...now I've quit the dreaded weed (about 2 years ago) I have to deal with my yankee addiction! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 26, 2007 Share Posted December 26, 2007 I'm glad that you have become addicted. I was a bit worried that you might not like them, as we had been waxing lyrical (pun intended!)about them. Didn't want to be responsible for you wasting your money. Still you could have put them on Ebay! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted December 26, 2007 Share Posted December 26, 2007 ooooooooooo no, they're luuuuuurrrrrrrvley, I think you get more VFM from the samplers and you can try lots of different flavours! I hope the Christmas ones are on sale when I go back to get some more! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 26, 2007 Share Posted December 26, 2007 I like the samplers for the same reason. When you find the ones you really like, then is the time th go for the big ones. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted January 3, 2008 Share Posted January 3, 2008 I'm just melting an "island spa" tart. Mmmmmm, nice & juicy & fresh. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted January 3, 2008 Share Posted January 3, 2008 I found a shopin town selling Pintail candles the other day. You've all got me going talking about those Yankee candles. Anyway, treated myself to some of these instead - had Warm Gingerbread in the kitchen and dining room yesterday! Gorgeous! (I've also got warm mince pie and apple, cinnamon and raisin to go as well) Oh, and in the lounge I've got a large St Evel candle - nutmeg, cardamom, cloves and something else. Very spicy! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Charlottechicken Posted January 3, 2008 Author Share Posted January 3, 2008 I was just googling for a stockist of Yankee Candles in Birmingham so I could go along for a sniff of some of the lovely sounding fragrances you've all been buying, and I found this website. www.candle-city.co.uk they look interesting Sorry I'm not spending at the mo. (If anyone knows a stockist in Birmingham, can they let me know, ta!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted January 6, 2008 Share Posted January 6, 2008 Discovered the wonders of the yankee candle today. Straight on the phone to my cousin who works at a candle shop to buy one. Absolutely brilliant, I was at my grandma's house and we lit one downstairs went upstairs could still smell it. Delightful, so refreshing and relaxing. Buying one for my room! Martin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 6, 2008 Share Posted January 6, 2008 What flavour, Martin? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 6, 2008 Share Posted January 6, 2008 Just don't leave it alight when you go to sleep Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted January 6, 2008 Share Posted January 6, 2008 What flavour, Martin? Jasmine Tea or something like that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Martin B Posted January 6, 2008 Share Posted January 6, 2008 Just don't leave it alight when you go to sleep Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cammy73 Posted January 7, 2008 Share Posted January 7, 2008 charlottechicken wrote: If anyone knows a stockist in Birmingham, can they let me know, ta!) If you know where Boundary Mill is in Walsall they stock them and they're usually reduced!! Sharon Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted January 7, 2008 Share Posted January 7, 2008 Ok not yankee candles but thought I would show you lot these http://www.thegoodfairy.co.uk/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 7, 2008 Share Posted January 7, 2008 How could you!!!!! They are gorgeous!!!! I am not going to order any! (yet!) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted January 7, 2008 Share Posted January 7, 2008 *sobs* They do cinnamon - I am a sucker for anything Cinnamon And have you seen the little Mince Pies - perfect for a stocking filler! If anyone else is a cinnamon fan,this is a good site http://everythingcinnamon.co.uk/shop/ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...