theherd123

Coke

I have always thought Coke wasn't a squeeky clean company and so this programme caught my eye it on 'Dispatches' Channel 4 8pm tonight.

This next bit is a little intro to the programme....

Political activist and journalist Mark Thomas travels to South America, India and the US to investigate the way in which Coca-Cola and its suppliers operate and the extent to which they upholds moral and ethical obligations.

Looks interesting :idea:

So you buy no fanta, 7up, sprite, any thing made by schweppes (tonic water etc) Mcdonalds

You are spot on Fred. We don't have fizzy drinks, like Clare, at all. Nothing by Nestle either. No KFC, McDonalds, Burger King or Subway and we don't rent DVD's from Blockbusters.

Wouldn't mind the Lemo recipe though Clare :D

So you buy no fanta, 7up, sprite, any thing made by schweppes (tonic water etc) Mcdonalds

You are spot on Fred. We don't have fizzy drinks, like Clare, at all. Nothing by Nestle either. No KFC, McDonalds, Burger King or Subway and we don't rent DVD's from Blockbusters.

I buy fizzy water though. :anxious: Does that count?

I buy fizzy water though. :anxious: Does that count?

You beat me to it Jules :lol:

We never touch any of those (except Subway sometimes) mainly because a) we're veggie and b) we eat healthy. However, I hate to say it but there's no way you can completely avoid these companies! Do you realise your councils paper recycling (assuming you have some) will end up in China where, chances are, it will reappear as packaging for MacDonalds?

Crazy or what. Apparently the reason recycling goes to China is to fill up the ships that bring other goods over here on their return journey. Makes sense I guess.

Edited by Guest

Lemonade recipe (from this forum)

1 lemon

1 dessert spoon of citric acid (from chemist)

3/4lb of white sugar

1.5 pints of boiling water

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grate off the lemon zest and squeeze the juice. Tip into a stoppered bottle along with the sugar, citric acid and the boiling water. Tip and shake gently until all the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate when cold and dilute to taste with either fizzy or still water.

Note, I leave the lemon peel in because i like it, but strain it if you don't like bits in your drink. I have also made the same recipe with lime and a mixture of lemons and limes - both are just as refreshing.