Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Number 4 was there this morning!

Note the wide open bill of Mummy Duck - that's why the photo is out of focus :? She's not too impressed when we open the hatch :roll: Now we know that all 4 are safe, we will leave her to do what she knows best.

2005_0710Ducklins30007.jpg

No - I'd never get anything done! :roll::wink:

We've just cleared two more outbuildings which involved finding unspeakable things in corners and smells to make you retch over the skip - not all fun here despite the ducklings :( We have bought a new, larger, pond although she has taken them to the little plant tray of water we put in.

Mork keeps picking them up if we go near and throws them around. We don't know if it is an inept attempt at protection or if he's trying to kill them - and we can't find the book on incubation which we know we've got. There isn't anything in Katie Thear's book on Starting with ducks :(

They'll still be a bit small Claret :wink: (SIL calls them 'nuggets' and says all 4 would fit on a skewer :roll: )

They've been in their new pond this morning - our house is a tip because we are constantly having to do things outside - I'll just take a shovel to it next time it rains and we can't be outside - or you could bring a shovel on Saturday Claret???

Just off to finish clearing the outbuildings :? - trousers tucked into socks because of rats :?

Well - we've stopped feeling sick and leaning over the skip now :? Jeyes Fluid swilled everywhere and it looks 10 X better - and smells better too. The cats aren't impressed - they obviously liked the mess - Willow had put her kittens in the old pushchair :roll: - they disappeared again.

These are the two cockerels we are keeping. We're hoping Ellie will go broody now as any chicks would be pure Cream Legbars.

2005_0711NewPond0008.jpg

I know. But there are some houses behind us with very long narrow gardens with allotment style areas at the end, so they keep them there. :wink:

My Aunties next door neighbour keeps cockerels, peacoks, calling ducks everything in the centre of Derby! :roll: