Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

The duckling is still surviving this morning. I tried to take a photo of its' bill but it was so out of focus, I will have to try again. We're probably going to bring it in and put it in a box for a while. Mummy duck keeps herding them around if we go near and it's probably tiring him out. If we can see he is eating without a problem then we will leave him and see how he goes.

I need a decent photo and to know whether he is eating so that I can ask on Practical Poultry for advice. If he can't eat, it may be better to cull now. :(

:D Sheep :D

Such a good idea! we used to raise cade lambs (I think that's how it's spelt) anyway I mean orphaned or abandoned lambs when I was a little girl, we bottle fed them all,

one year a little weak one ended up coming away for the day with us to the beach :lol: she was too young to be left for more than a few hours, so she came!

lots of people thought she was a poodle of some sorts as she had a collar and lead on :?

lovely creatures :D

karen x

We're still thinking about it.............

We have Lauren and Jake staying the night. Just before they came, a big blue tractor rolled up and cut our 'lawn'. We went to the top of the field on an adventure and found a pheasant and her babies, made our own hay and took it back for the rabbits......................... and i forgot to feed Lauren and Jake :oops: What a bad Grandma I am :oops:

The duckling is fine and chirpy - we are hopeful he/she will make a full recovery - but one of the kittens is now missing :roll: One was always a bit sickly and Willow has been seen the last two days playing with just the little tabby. Poor Lauren and Jake have been having a crash course 'life lesson' :? They're coping very well with it all.

Tomorrow is D Day :wink:

I think there are clues in this thread - probably a few pages ago. But I'm keeping quiet too - just looking forward to the pictures! :D

Hmmm, those barnvelder bantams of Pearl's were lovely Lesley - I had been coveting them myself, but really don't have any more room.

I wonder what you're getting next? Anything to do with Jainie by any chance?

Banbury was totally flooded too - good job I'm on a hill above the centre. I was in town at the time and all the lights went out in the shopping centre :shock: