Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Number 4 was there this morning!

Note the wide open bill of Mummy Duck - that's why the photo is out of focus :? She's not too impressed when we open the hatch :roll: Now we know that all 4 are safe, we will leave her to do what she knows best.

2005_0710Ducklins30007.jpg

Oh Lesley I have only just found out from Clare you have the little ducklings...aren't they the cutest. This thread moves so quickly, will show these to mikey later. The absolute sweetest and I really want some and so will he :D

BBx

They really are gorgeous BB, so cute and wriggly. AND the mummy wriggles her botty like your avatar :lol:

On of the ducklings got caught by the neck in the chicken wire, so Carl rushed to hold it while I cut through the wire - daft little thing nearly hung itself - don't know what would've happened if we hadn't been there. :shock: They have their own little pond and look so cute bobbing around on it.

We lost a duckling yesterday :( When we got back with Lauren and Jake, there was one dead duckling in the run. It had no down left on its back and we think it was Mork. He has been throwing the ducklings around since they hatched - he throws them over his shoulder :? Mindy didn't seem bothered by him doing it so after a brief separation we let him back in the run. If it had been a buzzard or crow there would have been blood or no duckling at all?

Mork has been banished to the other side of the fence with his own water and food supply :evil:

The ducklings seem to be much happier and swim a lot in the big pond - Mork was always throwing them out of it. We thought he was protecting them from us but now think he didn't like them in his pond.

Jake wanted us to bury the little duckling and put a stone on top - a bit difficult when the ground is like concrete :? We've managed to s"Ooops, word censored!"e a shallow hole and put a very big rock on top :roll: