Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol: None if I know Lesley :wink:

Ah, but plenty if I know Labs! :wink:

And as for on the bed - mine only sneak up when we are not around, or when my parents are around, in which case it seems to be fair game for the furniture.

Lauren will get over the fear of dogs, keep up the gentle exposure. My neighbour has a girl who was terrified and wouldnt come and play with Lauren, even though they are in the same class. So I started taking her out on her bike with the dogs, and after about 6 months, she will now come in to the house without me shutting the dogs away. Progress!! :lol:

I'm aiming to train her to dangle her bum over a dog toilet :wink::lol:

Lesley, I have just bought a product for Archie called a Pee Post. Designed to encourage dogs to wee near the post and so save your grass.

I don't know if it will work for "Ooops, word censored!"es though :? Scooby my Cav is a girl so I can let you know how we get on with it.

Pets at Home sell them.

My lawn has got worse since having Archie :( The hot weather isn't helping either.

Maybe Archie is a girl :shock: he hasn't started to cock his little leg yet :lol:

The reason I bought the post was that when he does start to lift his leg he does it in a place I want him to and not willy nilly about the garden. Jack and Natalie leave their bikes lying around and I do not want him watering my runner beans.

I'm aiming to train her to dangle her bum over a dog toilet :wink::lol:

Lesley, I have just bought a product for Archie called a Pee Post. Designed to encourage dogs to wee near the post and so save your grass.

I don't know if it will work for "Ooops, word censored!"es though :? Scooby my Cav is a girl so I can let you know how we get on with it.

Pets at Home sell them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sorry for laughing Ali - it's just that our 'grass' is 5 acres of rough pasture :roll: We do have an area of 'grass' earmarked for a lawn though and we are using it as our 'garden' - with 2 grandchildren using it, I don't want it to be a dog toilet as well.

I bought the dog loo today and we are having some success in getting Jazz to use the area we want her to - I'll wait to see how you get on with your Pee Post.

Carl obviously got fed up with putting clothes on each time Jazz needed to go out last night - I looked out at 3am to see him naked and trying to get Jazz to pee - both caught in the security light - good job we don't have neighbours. Carl said if we had any burglars, it would just serve them right :lol:

He might want to put clothes on tonight though - if I catch him letting Jazz use the area designated as lawn again............ :shock:

Morning Clare...very funny and I hope the neighbours haven't seen us in our birthday suits trying to get daisie in when she's wanted a wee in the middle of the night :shock::oops::shock::oops::lol: (when she was younger :wink: )

I'll bring the video...blackmail material :wink::lol::lol:

BBx

As you know, we're closely overlooked here, so no streaking in my garden. My parents garden is big and pretty sheltered; I always used to sunbathe topless (at the most!) there, my mother having had a roman catholic upbringing was always telling me to cover up - my dad just said 'well you can't tell whether she's lying on her back or front anyway' :lol::lol: Needless to say, I've put on a bit of weight since then :roll:

and to quote the article

"The extent of this determination to look the other way was exposed in research by the Institute of Grocery Distribution. It found a general belief among the public that chickens reared for eating are kept in battery cages — a confusion with egg-laying hens.

Some more informed shoppers knew that table chicken is reared in sheds. Either way, people had the impression that they were kept in extremely overcrowded conditions.

'Despite this rather negative perception,' the report concluded, 'none of the consumers implied that it was of real concern.' So much for British compassion for animals, then."

She's obviously never actually researched this and went to a battery farm then - it may have been included in the article that battery hens are in overcrowded conditions.

Sadly though, some of the points raised are valid - kids have no idea where food comes from and the day the majority of people come home and actually COOKS a meal not bung a metal tray in the oven or a plastic one in the microwave means not many ever will know either.

Eh? I just can't understand that.

I do batch cooking at the weekend and freeze some. I eat at lunchtime (phil usually drops round too) and we have a salad of some description. Rosie eats in the evening when she gets back home and this is where the batch cooking comes in, she always has a hot supper even though I don't get time to cook in the evening.

People just aren't prepared to think ahead and plan so that they can eat proper food instead of empty calories.

Yes but - and this is one of my pet subjects - we don't allow any time for chores in our lives. In the past Mondays were for washing, Tuesdays baking, etc Cleaning was done every day. 17 years ago when I had one baby, I was really shocked when another mother said she couldn't meet for a coffee on Thursdays or Fridays because that's when she did her cleaning. My attitude was that household chores are just fitted in around the other things - and they come bottom of the priorities list.

I know that women aren't at home all day any more and I'm not arguing for a return to that. I just mean that it isn't cool to say you're not available because you have to cook, wash, clean etc And I think that puts a tremendous burden on people running a home. There is no time in a week allotted to these jobs, but they have to magically get done. The girl I knew was right to make these jobs part of her week and to say so (although she had a terrible husband who insisted on an immaculate house and wife and didn't wish to see any of it happening).

But can you imagine me buying 42 ready-made meals a week? I couldn't afford it for a start and the meals aren't filling anyway so I'd have to buy other stuff too.

I'm sort of like that Ginette, I have to get the cleaning done on Thursday night after Rosie has gone to bed and the ironing on Friday or it all goes haywire and nothing is done before the start of the next week. I do a quick wipe round in between, but that's how it has to work.