Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to meet all the new additions :D and we saw some goats yesterday and they are now on our list when we have a bigger bit of land (please one day).

I've put my my name down for a Life Coaching course next March (everything crossed) planning to have a lovely job I can use my exisiting skills in but fund my bit of the good life with less stress for the future..wooohoo!!!

It's inspired us all and it started with 2 hens and an eglu! :D

BBx

It started with 2 chickens and an eglu and now we're moving to the country, preparing to get a few more hens and we're probably going to have a look at the National Southdown Sheep Show and Sale at Detling near Maidstone at the weekend. Just looking tho'. For now.

Richard T

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

really? :roll:

Yes really. There's an empty paddock next to our new home and we've been told it's available for rent. The farmer probably has in mind someone keeping a pony in there, but we'd rather have a couple of sheep. We'll have to see. We need to find out more about the paddock and about keeping sheep. And whether it would be possible with both of us at work all day.

In the meantime, we thought we'd go and have a look at a sale and as it happens we found out about this sale of Southdowns at Detling, which is not too far from where we'll be moving to. Wendy's favourite sheep is the Southdown. It's also known as the teddy bear sheep, I believe :roll: .

If it turns out we can't have sheep, for whatever reason, then next in line would be donkeys. :D (We're assuming that penguins are a definite non-starter :D .)

Richard T

How about "Ooops, word censored!"py rough pasture? :lol:

I've just been checking on Allen and Page and Marriages sites for local stockists of organic feed (as a supplementary feed) and the Marriages site said "due to the number of animals you have, please complete our form and someone will contact you" :shock: oo-er ........ time to stop collecting animals?

Today we have had two chicks hatch!!!! One yellow and one black :D One hatched on Tuesday but was dead when we found it - these two are fine. BB is still sitting on 5 eggs.

We also took Lauren and Jake to see the calves we will be having by the end of August. We also met Oliver the Shetland Ram whom we will be borrowing in November if we do go ahead and get the Shetland Ewes.

We called in at the abattoir to book our first three pigs in for next month - but we were a bit late and they were closed. We're not looking forward to that :?

Today we have had two chicks hatch!!!! One yellow and one black :D One hatched on Tuesday but was dead when we found it - these two are fine. BB is still sitting on 5 eggs.

We also took Lauren and Jake to see the calves we will be having by the end of August. We also met Oliver the Shetland Ram whom we will be borrowing in November if we do go ahead and get the Shetland Ewes.

We called in at the abattoir to book our first three pigs in for next month - but we were a bit late and they were closed. We're not looking forward to that :?

I think it will be hard Lesley, the next stage of your journey. I take my hat off to you :wink:

We'll be here if you need a supportive hug.

BBx

The calves are still at Jainie's farm until we can sort fencing out. She moves at end of August.

Jake is nervously watching the Llamas who were approaching - Lauren has already run off and was scrambling back through the fence :D