bracken

Anyone have Bearded Dragons??

My OH bought two bearded dragons at the end of November last year.

We only went into the shop to buy half a dozen fish for the Biorb.

Expensive fish they were. :?

Only thing I dont like about them is having to feed them creepy crawlies.............YEEEEEUK!!!!

I can handle mice,rats,snakes and lizards but if its got more than four legs,then I turn into a total coward. :vom:

We used to have water dragon & a brown gheko. We never fed them pinkies - just crickets & mealworms. When mum & dad were away, my sister used some serving tongs to feed them the crickets!! :lol: Oh & be warned - you will get escaping crickets! We used to be sat watching telly & there would be a cricket walking up the wall. Oh & the noise from them singing! :roll: I'd stick with mealworms. I'm not sure if you can get dried, ground up crickets? Ask at your reptile shop!

Emma.x

:lol::lol: I have just got a couple of Leopard Ghecko's called Topaz and Saffron. The crickets are not as bad as I thought, would really stress with locusts :wink: . The boys made me laugh the other day, as some crickets had escaped their "cage" - I thought they were winding me up!!!!.

I have found they quite like climbing on stick/egg boxes - so I just lift these up and tap them off in the vivarium. The ghecko's will only eat LIVE crickets - not sure about the bearded dragons.

I had a couple of bearded dragons for about 10 years. They definitely aren't vegetarian once adult. Please feed them live crickets it's what they need to survive. You'll soon get used to creepy crawlies. I was the same when I first got my first lizard which was a leopard gecko.

:wink: You will find a way of dealing with the "food" - I have just had to do LOCUSTS - which are far bigger and jumpier than crickets. You will not have to directly handle them, if you can find a method to suit :D .

Remember to "gut load" any beasties though - fish food is fine, and provide a cut potato, carrot or apple core for moisture.