I am so fortunate, my father (who is terrified of Chickens) loves ella & betty, so along with 17.18 & 19 year old sons we can get away occasionally without worring about the chooks, dogs & pig!

I would be happy to help out with anyone in Northumberland or nearby, we have plenty of room.....your chooks and eglu could come to stay.

Maybe as well as an eglu viewing list we should have an eglu sitting list.

S

Hi Tanvi

I live in Oxford and can look after your chickens over the Bank Holiday, if you are still looking for someone. I've had our two chickens (Misty and Petunia) since June, but am new to this forum, so am not sure how best to give you my email address/ contact details. Maybe if you send me a personal message that would work.

All the best

Ruth

I think I haven't managed to register properly, so Tanvi, if you'd like me to look after your chickens, please contact the people at omlet or who administer this forum and I hope they will give you my email address. I tried to register (yesterday) with username Ruth.

Best wishes

Ruth,

I live in kingston and am alsolooking for someone to look after my chickens and would be willing to look after someone elses either by visiting them or them visiting us, hope I can help, bubi,

Amy 8)

Esmerellda PP

Henrietta GNR

Hi Helen

Which part of Somerset aer you from. We live in Long Ashton in North Somerset. We don't need chicken sitters at the moment, I'm just trying to find chicken lovers around us. May be we can meet up for a cup of tea.

Elena

( mum to 2 boys (2 & 3), 1 dog and 3 hens)

Have only had my chickens a few days but am already thinking about not wanting to leave them with teenagers who think dawn breaks at midday :)

and I was wondering about other people with the same feelings, I would love to help anyone out round this area, who is stuck for a sitter, we could maybe help each other out.

Just resurrecting this thread again - we're off to Cornwall in last 2 weeks in August, and require someone to feed & water bluebell & funky - free eggs in the deal. Currently 12 or 13 a week.

Anyone out there? They don't need letting out, although they can be, will leave plenty of sweetcorn to entice them back in again. Just feeding and watering every 2-4 days (have the new peanuts - Grub & Glug - wow, what fab feeders!) and picking up of eggs will do. You could go every day if you like, but we've left them for long weekends with no problems. They're not noisy or anything, and we have plenty of feeders.

Darlington, Co Durham. Will exchange visit on same basis across your hols if you like.

Can we start a list of peeps who need hen sitters for holidays? Then we can negotiate between us, perhaps.

We are just about to pick up our bantams for our new (well second hand) eglu and are now thinking about our summer holiday and what we will do with them. We are just inside the leicestershire border (M6 J1) and would love to find someone who could eglu/chicken sit who we could return the favour to. We are going away on 20th July for 10 days

Mel x

I can do most places in Central or east london, but don't have room for another eglu I'm afraid, so it would have to be visiting sitting. On the other hand, I could feed cats while there too....anyway, I would do this for reciprocal services (I'm in Shoreditch) or for token fees.

Pm for details

I am looking for someone to keep an eye on mine for a week in August as well.

Is there anyone in/near the Manchester area that would consider chicken sitting for us when we go away? We're in Chorlton. Obviously we'd return the favour!

If there is, let me know, as I'm reluctant to get an eglu/chickens when we have no one lined up to look after them if we go away for a couple of weeks in summer.