As in really gone and done it! We are new to the forum and went to FeeMcg's hen party at the weekend.

We decided to get chickens to have some ex-batts, so we ordered a purple cube, and a 9' x 15' run to keep the hens in as we won't be able to free range them much. Then we found out the ex-batts might take a few months, so Rich decided he couldn't wait that long so we had to buy 4 chickens to get started asap! And then have ex-batts as well.

Last night we realised that we could have bought new flooring for the kitchen and a new oven and then painted the kitchen for the amount we have spent!

So, armed with this knowledge, what did we do this morning?...........

we ordered a lilac eglu for the ex-batts to stay in when we introduce them to the other chickens!! :roll::lol:

Ange

Thanks for all the welcomes. We have never done anything by halves!! We did look at an orange eglu on ebay, but lilac complements the purple of the cube so much better!

We can't wait to get our chickens. I will get Rich to post pics when we get them, it will be in a couple of weeks. The buff orp will be Richard's and he can't wait. The black orp is our eldest daughters emo hen! :D

We are on the waiting list for ex-batts as well, hoping to get four in April, but we haven't heard from Jim Duff yet! We decided not to wait to see how much the ebay eglu would be as they are going for so much, that we are as well getting a new one in a colour I like (Rich wanted an orange one!)

My kids want me to start collectng all the different colour eglu's! :roll:

If you look in 'Omlet Courses' and the thread 'BHWT Parties' you'll see a post by SLK69 - she was at one of my courses and is also on the waiting list but because of the wait (and the uncertainty!) is now going down to Lancashire to collect her ex-batts on 28th March. She has offered to bring hens up for other people which is very nice of her :D