redfrock

What the hell! Two cubes????? update - ordered

Looks like we might have sold our pink eglu.

Our purple one is only 6 months old and am seriously considering selling this one too and ordering a second cube - saves on delivery if they come together :lol:

Has anyone got bantams in a cube? Do they manage ok? That is the decider. If not we will keep the purple eglu for them. Its just I have a feeling I might find a cube easier to clean, as I find the shells very heavy to lift off. Well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :whistle:

Edited by Guest

Just thinking about my ex-battery girls - they sometimes struggle with the ladder but i suppose you could adapt this for your bantam babes? :?

thankfully Andy is fab when it comes to building things, manufacturing things and adapting things, so it might well be the way to go ...

I'm just wondering if the credit card will stand up to it!

lilac and purple...........best combination :D:D:D:D I'm keeping my purple eglu when my lilac cube arrives :D :D :D :D :D

my 'mother's day' lilac glugs came today, they are a gprgeous colour (when you get to see them 'in the flesh' .............just another 31 days until my lilac cube :D:D

Please please please post pics as I'm dying to see a pic of the lilac cube :D:D :

because you have all asked so nicely I will get Andy to build the lilac cube first :D

Here's the plan:

tomorrow: extend walk-in run from 12ft x 8ft to 12ft x 12 ft

Sunday: collect three new girls. Attach run to purple eglu inside run so that new girls integrate safely with current flock

13th March: new cubes arrive (without runs)

15th March: build lilac cube (two whole days from when it arrives :( ) & attach to run instead of pink eglu for original girls. Photograph lilac cube for omlet forum.

16th March: new owner collects pink eglu

couple of weeks later: all big girls hopefully integrated so can collect bantam babies. They will then live in the purple eglu like the new big girls did until it is safe for them to be integrated, then purple eglu replaced with purple cube & eglu sold, complete with run. Photograph side-by-side cubes for omlet forum.

Sound like a plan????? :lol: