xChicken04x

Very excited! *Update again, it's started to pip!!!!*

ME.. You poor love, I know it's a condition that has been badly misunderstood in the past. I would like to talk to you a bit more about it if you wouldn't mind, maybe I could pm you?

I have such low nergy levels and feel so ill if even a little tired, often feel just like the plugs been pulled out , it can be very sudden and I can't do a thing, often thought about ME.

If the eggs were fully developed when they died they may not smell, but if they were none starters, have some one else open them (outside the house :vom: )LOL

How is the baby doing? does it have a name yet?

I will never give up on incubating, I have done so much of it over the years, mostly for other people, Ducks, chicks, quail and loads of pheasant.

I have only been trying for geese over the last couple of years, but so far have had no success, seems hatching geese is a bit different from the rest.

Apart from the goose eggs, the last batch of bantam eggs and the batch I got Baby from have been the only times I have had a bad hatch so I can't complain :wink:

this lot of goose eggs have been in for twenty four days, the others were duds, they wern't even fertile :?

Two of these ones are wobbling a bit so I know two of them are alive at the moment, not sure about the third one, They have between 4 and 6 days to go, so had a chat with them and told them to calm down as it's too early to start yet :lol:

I am getting quite excited, It don't matter how many times you incubate, it always has that power over you, I can't stay away from the incubator, I have about three days of ironing lined up for when they are due, so I can stand next to the incubator ironing (and watching :lol: )how sad am I? :shock:

I live in Surrey its not what you would call country really, but as mine is an end house I have a corner plot which gives me a big enough (just)garden to have the geese.

I have lovely neighbours, some years ago when I had a cockeral my next door neighbour loved the sound of his crow in the daytime :shock:

I used to put him in a low dark box at night to stop him crowing AT 4.30 in the morning :lol:

A local childrens farm will take any excess birds happily, even cockrals, they welcome new blood lines, so I never have a problem :wink:

All three eggs are wriggling now

Never come across such active eggs with still four days to go

Not sure if I should stop turning them now

Although come to think of it tonight would be their last turn anyway, so maybe will just give them one last turn by hand before I go to bed.

I think maybe as they are such big eggs I am noticing the movement more, I just hope they are not going to hatch too early :?

It is so funny to watch them :lol:

I am excited I just hope they are not all Ganders :shock:

If they are it will be goose for christmas dinner instead of turkey :lol:

The duckling is doing fine :D.

Growing quickly! I think we may end up setting some more eggs in the incubator if we can't find him a friend. He is Ok in the house as there is always someone pottering around, but I can't bare to put him outside on his own. I can just see my self having a house duck too :roll:.

I will post some pictures later on 8).

How are your goose eggs? They're due today aren't they? Any pipped/hatched yet?

xx

Thanks Lesley

yes she is a lovely little girl and adores her Nanny :lol:

But she flatly refuses to go home now :) mind you that's really nothing new, she comes for the day and stays four :lol:

What with her, my sixteen year old daughter, her boyfriend and his two mates I don't get a look in for a cuddle with the Goslings :(

Even my older Daughter (my Grandaughters Mum) is quite taken with them and got all excited when the last one hatched, She filmed it on her mobile.

It is so funny to see seventeen year old boys cuddling Goslings.

one of the lads is built like a rugby player and seeing him with a Gosling snuggled into his neck cracks me up :lol:

I want to get a picture but they won't let me :lol:

Hi all, just thought I would post a few more pictures of our little fella.

DM the goslings are gorgeous! Our duckling is nearly as big now! They grow sooooo fast!

I take it they are going to be "out side" geese? Are you keeping both ganders and getting another goose of is one of them going in the pot? :anxious::anxious::anxious:.

Anyway, here are some pictures for you all:

Taken this evening:

Embaboutaweekold017.jpg

Embaboutaweekold016.jpg

Embaboutaweekold015.jpg

Embaboutaweekold014.jpg

Embaboutaweekold014.jpg

After his bath.

Embaboutaweekold006.jpg

(Excuse the PJ's :oops::oops::oops:)

Embaboutaweekold003.jpg

Embaboutaweekold005.jpg

Embaboutaweekold004.jpg

I'm really hoping he grows into his beak! Poor thing, he is a bit out of proportion at the moment, his feet are a tad big too :lol:.

I really want to know whether he is male of female, so I can name him!!! I'm calling him a him for now, as I think it's a bit mean to refer to him as "it."

xxx

He is adorable :lol:

You have chosen a lovely breed, so pretty.

Be prepared they do get smelly, I would get some garlic powder it really helps :wink:

I found that Bokashi Bran helped firm the pooh up a bit, But now I am sure she is drinking more to counteract it, and her nappies are filling up very quickly, so I might stop the Bokashi bran and give her a probiotic in her water instead.

I love the bath time pics :lol:

hi there you ducks are simply lovely! they must be fun to watch around paddling around your garden or in your house :) sorry to reply so late :oops: i hope you dont mind me asking but im gettin another incubator called covattuto 12 egg and hoping to hatch some chicks how good was your fertality :?:

Good luck with the incubating :wink:

I have found fertility and hatchability differs depending on where the eggs come from.

Some from E Bay have been good others from there have been awfull.

I have had the best hatching results from my smart egg incubator, and due to the shape of it you have a totally unrestricted view of the hatching :D