bronze

The real dog thread.

"What a pity we had her spayed, she could have come along to meet Oliver 8) He is gorgeous!" Lesley

Oliver would love to play with Jazz but that's all he'd do - he was castrated when he was a year old :P (I have to admit his photo was when he was a puppy and he is now 3 years' old but still very cute)

"What a pity we had her spayed, she could have come along to meet Oliver 8) He is gorgeous!" Lesley

Oliver would love to play with Jazz but that's all he'd do - he was castrated when he was a year old :P (I have to admit his photo was when he was a puppy and he is now 3 years' old but still very cute)

What a shame! - they both have the lovely long muzzle of working dogs.

Those eyes! - I know! They've changed me from a "not a dog person" to a "some dogs are OK" person :lol:

Thanks for the lovely comments on Lucy - we think she is gorgeous too :D . She has settled in to her new surroundings really well and loves lots of fuss.

Gamebird asked

Why was she at Battersea? Was she abandoned? How could anyone not want her?

We were told that she had been a family pet but their circumstances had changed and they felt that they weren't able spend enough time with her.

She was a bit overweight (so she fitted in well at our house :oops: ) but with regular exercise and a watch on her diet without too many treats (apart from the occassions she has managed to help herself to a box of dougnuts and a loaf of bread :shock: ) ahe has slimmed down a lot and looks quite trim.

Morag

At last I've uploaded some pics!

Ok here's Metz, our fantastic ex-Battersea SamoyedXCollie, believe it or not she is 11 years old and only suffers from a touch of arthritis in one front leg if she's been chasing bunnies all day. She thought the snow we had recently was bliss, it must have called to her Husky blood!

DSC00034.jpg

Here's Moet, ex-Battersea StaffXWhippet, fast as lightning, loyal, and a bunny-killing machine. A mere stripling at 9 years old, I think she looks rather good!

DSC00035.jpg

Zeus of course is a pedigree, even though he is ex-rescue, and he's had quite enough of the limelight! I've really enjoyed all the pics and histories guys.