bronze

The real dog thread.

Oh dear, look at my shameful avatar! Its our whippet Bobbie (a girl with a boy's name), and is breaking all the rules - pedigree and wearing a ridiculous pink boa. On the plus side she is wearing it with irony. And she doesn't know she is a pedigree and certainly doesn't act like one - or a lady come to that. Favourite tricks include eating hen poo, rolling in fox poo and breaking wind when she gets on or off the sofa :vom:

Here's my mutt, Delilah, English mastiff crossed with Dogue de Bordeaux (an accident between two pets, one of whom came into season JUST before she was due to be spayed - 12 puppies later.....)

I'm just a lickle pup...

september163-1.jpg

Now I'm a BIG pup

november006.jpg

Now I'm 8 months old...

february076.jpg

She's 8 months old and I had her weighed about two weeks ago and she was exactly 8 stone.

Biggest, softest, stupidest, most uncoordinated slobbery dog in the world!

Smallest boy sits across her back, holds her collar and shouts "I am dog RIDER YEEEEHAR!!"

Mrs Bertie

.... and anyone else who has a 'proper' dog.

My two EBTs are pedigree dogs and i dont think they would be too keen on not being called 'proper' dogs! :lol:

I have told them not to read the forum today so you should be ok! :wink::lol::lol:

... and Jazz is coming over to yours Em, so that they can all sulk together :lol:

Oh goodie, licence to post pictures of my lovely dog ... a mutt AND a rescue dog :D (as requested, so it's not boasting :lol: ).

On Blencathra, in the Lakes:

2218479116_15deb3a07b.jpg

With his new best friend (the sheep, not the biscuit!) in Wales last year:

2353486715_156bb70b96.jpg

In Shetland a couple of years ago:

2353486011_d20fd74d57.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist adding this one too :oops: (promise that's it :wink: ):

2354324640_a69726c200.jpg

I'd love another dog too Cathy, so I know how you feel. Our lurcher died 4 years ago now and I still miss her. Not helped by seeing a friends' Maremma puppies at the weekend - we had to hand feed them and they were like baby polar bears. As soon as I get some photos loaded, I will post them... brace your selves for the Ahhh Factor!