Tricky

beer !

:lol::lol: Er, Harpenden Rovers?

OK back to beer, much more important. Today, LSH & I decided to meet in town for lunch :shock: Can't remember the last time, and I thought we were going to a coffee shop or similar. Until OH said, "which pubs do good food?" Ah, hadn't thought of that.

We arranged 1pm in The Boot, hadn't been there for years, then realised it was our place & time every Saturday, 30 yrs ago!

Food was excellent, proper good stuff. Had Fuller's London Pride, yum. But, also learnt something, as you do in pubs!

They had Olde Black Sheep, which I thought I might try, but then wasn't sure if it was stronger or not (it's not). Apparently, it's made by a Theakston, as in Theakston's brewery, but he broke away from the family & brewed his own. In leaving the family business he had become the "black sheep of the family", hence the name of his new beer!

There you go. Wonder if we might try that next week. :lol:

They had Olde Black Sheep, which I thought I might try, but then wasn't sure if it was stronger or not (it's not). Apparently, it's made by a Theakston, as in Theakston's brewery, but he broke away from the family & brewed his own. In leaving the family business he had become the "black sheep of the family", hence the name of his new beer!

There you go. Wonder if we might try that next week. :lol:

It is and its yummy! Sam Smiths is good too, the brother of John, so I'm told!

Sam Smiths is good too, the brother of John, so I'm told!

Oh yes, Helen, I'd forgotten Sam Smith's, we used to drink it all the time. Well, not all the time, you understand.

Some of the time we'd be drinking other beers. :wink:

Mmmm, that would be one of my Desert Island top ten beers.

PS. Yes, Lesley, was just thinking today that we could go to The Boot, if there's time! :wink:

P.P.S. Dan, didn't know about Fuller's closing down that brewery, will switch my allegiance. :)

P.P.S. Look what happened to Saturday nights! :lol:

What makes you think that Annie :D:D:D

Any game that calls itself the peoples game and then pays its prima donna players more a week than most people earn a year is a waste of time IMHO. At least with rugby union you can watch a game with a beer and sit with opposition supporters and talk your mind without worrying about getting in a fight.

I don't pick fights with anyone! Far too well brought up for any kind of fisticuffs. :lol:

I prefer cricket to anything: Sitting in the Wyatt stand at Edgbaston, drinking a pint of cold Guinness whilst watching England, next to me two hunky Australian guys in nurses uniforms :shock::shock: Plus watching all the nutters in the Hollies stand of course!

However, if anybody wants to give me free tickets to Highbury to watch "Ooops, word censored!"nal, I wouldn't be so rude as to turn them down.... As long as I could meet Thierry Henry as well! :P