Phosphorus

Watercress

the general rule seems to be if humans would eat it, then it's OK for chickens.

If I've got this rule wrong (and I know there are bound to be exceptions) I would really appreciate some guidance. I know there are poisonous garden plants, I really mean human foodstuffs (fruit and veg that is)

There is a list *here* of treats your chickens might like and a list of foods not to give.

Hope you find this useful.

the general rule seems to be if humans would eat it, then it's OK for chickens.

If I've got this rule wrong (and I know there are bound to be exceptions) I would really appreciate some guidance. I know there are poisonous garden plants, I really mean human foodstuffs (fruit and veg that is)

There is a list *here* of treats your chickens might like and a list of foods not to give.

Hope you find this useful.

What does 'spicy food' do to chickens?

Mine have eaten a bean chilli without any side effects!

They so liked the watercress that when I came to shut them up tonight it had completely disappeared. They must have pulled it completely out of the strap I had used to tie it to the tree.

Now worried that one of them will get an impacted crop from the stems of watercress :cry:

Aaaaaagh -someone tell me its not that easily done :cry:

Now worried that one of them will get an impacted crop from the stems of watercress :cry:

I would say highly unlikely, the stems on watercress arent that long are they? (no longer than a small piece of grass a hen would pick off your lawn). I just wouldnt give it to them all of the time!! :D All these treats in moderation and all that :lol: