Ziggy

Waiting for the postman...

It's like a boiling kettle isn't it, the postman wont come as long as I stay here by the window...

There should be a postcard today from DD1, who's away on PGL trip... can't wait...

Come on Mr Postman...

Oh, and some books I've ordered too... though I guess those might come with the van later on... I never quite understand what comes with the royal mail van, and what comes with the postman... two orders from amazon came once on the same day, a small thin one came with the van, and a huge heavy book came with the poor postman!!!

It's raining so heavily here... maybe Mr Postman is sheltering somewhere...

:lol: ...I'll put the kettle on...Then you can watch the kettle instead of the window.....

It's hard to settle to anything isn't it. But, if you start something messy, eg pull out everything to tidy under stairs cupboard, that'll make the doorbell ring! :lol:

Did you really need to send us your rain though? :?

ooooops, sorry....

I know DD is fine, cause I was in the school office this morning just when one of the pgl teachers called to report to the school that all was fine with everyone, but still... was really looking forward to her postcard...

At this rate she'll be back before it gets here...

Going to sulk while doing laundry... will cheer myself up after that by browsing my books, which did arrive...

Would have preferred the postcard... :|

Did you really need to send us your rain though? :?

ooooops, sorry....

Don't worry Ziggy. The rain's not your fault. The First Test (cricket) started today. It's guaranteed to bring rain. :roll:

And there I was blaming myself!! :wink:

I didn't expect contact with DD during her PGL trip, she'll be back tomorrow and to be honest (don't tell her) I've handled her being away better than I thought I would (I have no worries about how well she's handling it). It's just that, as the teachers said the kids would sent a postcard, I was looking forward to it... maybe next time I should not expect one at all, then no disappointment...

If they've had as much water there as we've had here, their mud challenge will have been perfect!!

She's ten... quite a confident child too... I'm sure she's having a great time... but it's my first time at letting any of my offspring away for so long... I'm sure this PGL thing is more about teaching adult independance, than teaching it to the kids :)

Thanks fairy... it's actually Jenny who's away, my eldest... Suki is going next year, and both jen and suki will be away the same week then, one to pgl, the other to France... I've been fine this week, but I'm sure next year I'll be lost with two of them gone!!

:)

Me got me postcard today... me very happy...

Going to make a cup of tea now and sit with big smile on my face...

Got balloons to greet her back home tonight... was delighted to find a snoopy shaped one... she loves snoopy... and of course some balloons for the other three girls to play with too...

The postman can finally come to our house without feeling I'm waiting right on the other side of the door to snatch the mail out of his hands...

:)

:lol::lol::lol:

Phew - I am so pleased that postcard arrived - I was on tenterhooks for you. (hmm - what are tenterhooks???)

I can see myself going through all this in a few year's time - I know the junior school Layla is going to go to does the PGL thing too.

I can't wait - but I will hate it too!

What a great homecoming she is going to have.

Phew - I am so pleased that postcard arrived - I was on tenterhooks for you. (hmm - what are tenterhooks???).

A tenter was a wooden frame used for drying woollen cloth after weaving/dyeing, so it didn't shrink. The hooks were round the edge of the frame.

:oops: Geek alert! sorry, I have a head full of useless trivia.