StephanieSB

Are Omlet demo models smaller?

Does anyone know if the demonstration models that Omlet uses at farm shows etc are smaller than the ones we buy?

I ask because I went to the Bath & West show and saw both a cube and eglu with their standard runs... the eglu run surely wasn't the standard 8 ft one (couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 feet long that day), and I was shocked at how small the cube looked compared to the photos and from what I remember from the first time I saw one.

So... are demo models and their runs smaller than the 'real' ones?

Maybe they just had one section of run in place if they were pushed for space.

Yes, I could see it being that. Because if the eglu is 9 ft long inclusive of run + house, then the run I saw must have been cut short to fit the space... I'm looking now at the photos I took and that doesn't look like nine feet.

Not as far as I know.

When I did the Romsey show last year it was a standard chicken eglu and 6 foot run and a rabbit eglu with guinea pig length run.

Ah, now I thought I read the whole thing was supposed to be 6 ft max, but then on another thread someone posted this: dimensions of the chicken eglu and run... which shows 9 ft... have the dimensions changed over the years? Mark 1 and 2, do they have different sized runs?

Not that any of this is overly important. I was just wondering.

It could be just an issue of scale? I've often noticed things in large exhibition halls or show rooms look tiny, then you get them in your house/garden and they appear huge!

This always happens when buying sofas from DFS!

they look great in the shop, but wont fit in through the doorframe at home!

(here speaks personal experience)

It could be just an issue of scale? I've often noticed things in large exhibition halls or show rooms look tiny, then you get them in your house/garden and they appear huge!

This always happens when buying sofas from DFS!

they look great in the shop, but wont fit in through the doorframe at home!

(here speaks personal experience)

:lol::lol::lol: Me too!