Guest grd

Ringworm

Can you catch ringworm from chooks? None of mine seem to have it - but could they carry it? I have ringworm ( :oops: ). Maybe I could infect them! :shock::?8)

I've had it too grd, :evil: but caught from Donkey dung, not chicken poop. I don't see why you couldn't get it from Chooks though....A timely reminder that we should all wash our hands after handling our girls, or any of their "gifts"!

Tea tree oil works wonders for getting rid of it, if you don't want to go down the anti- fungal route with your doctor.

Edited by Guest

There is Avian Ringworm, and it shows a white crusts on the combs apparently. Tea-tree is a wonderful anti fungus Grd, and will definatly shift it for you. It's one of a few essential oils that you can use neat too. Apply it to the area at least 4 times a day. Apparently apple cider vinegar does the same thing too, lots of applications throughout the day. You might smell a bit funny :wink:

Edited by Guest

My husband can join the club with you grd.

He's got it and has had it before.

Got tablets and cream now from the docs to hope it clears up.

Nice to wake up in the morning to the sound of one's hubby scratching his bits NOT!!! but I still love him!!

No he'd probably kill me but maybe not because you don't know him.

Actually, if you read up on it, it's affiliated to Athelete's foot and is a fungal disease you can get in sweaty areas, so nothing to be embarrassed about I think.

Anyway, I'm responding to lots of topics now because I'm trying to keep occupied if you read my post in Chickens (No no no ) you'll see why.

Nice to wake up in the morning to the sound of one's hubby scratching his bits NOT!!! but I still love him!!

Poor chap! I don't have it on my bits though - it's on my arm. It started a few weeks ago as a tiny patch about the size of an apple seed..... and it's been getting steadily bigger. Now it's the size of a £2 coin. :shock: I am totally confused about how I got it. We don't have any other pets - only the chooks.

don't be confused grd.

at the time my hubby first got it, we hadn't got the chooks then, and never had any other pets.

The Dr. told hubby that everyone has got the fungus in their body, even women, and just something triggers it off.

So no blaming your chooks!

You can also get it from inanimate objects if something with ringworm brushes it and leaves behind the spores :shock:

Some of the fungal starins fluoresce so you can shine a UV light on them and they will glow bright green always a good party trick grd :lol:

I never take my cats to the vet with it anymore as they always insist on lab analysis at £40 if I can see it is ringworm why can't they :evil::roll: I just use anti fungals for humans but I might try tea tree next time :wink: