AnnieP

delete me

Thanks Clare - we'll soon have enough cars to stock a showroom then! :lol:

Nicola - it isn't just Ellie that eats eggs now, when we were on holiday, they all learnt how to do it :evil:

We've just got back from fetching more feed for them and found that they've also worked out how to peck at a cracked egg in the new trays and eat those as well :roll: I'll leave it in cardboard city version for now :?

With a large dose of help from those wonderful superpants 'I' have added an album in the gallery 8)

It took me most of the day (ain't working from home grand :wink: ) and I have yet to master adding the link to my signature :roll:

They seem to be the opposite way round to how I meant to post them but never mind - latest ones are first.

Will try to add some more of my resident zoo (teenagers expected!) after a stiff drink and several chocolate biscuits :wink:

Lesley!! You're not supposed to give away details like that!!

True though. I cook the worst rice you've ever tasted. You'd be better off eating wallpaper paste :shock: !! I've got a trick to try though!

Sometimes my rice is edible...

Most of the time it isn't though :oops: !

I'll go and do something I can do and twiddle about in the gallery to make that photo your highlight :wink: .

My rice was appalling until I discovered just covering in it about half inch of water and whacking it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Perfect rice every time!

You couldn't help me with posting a photo could you please ??? :lol::roll:

Apart from the rice, you seem to be the expert around these parts. And of course, if you follow my rice advice, you will soon be wowin everyone with that too! :lol:

I use the absorption method - twice quanitity of water to rice + lid on - so if you use one cup of rice you will use two cups of water. I find it's a never fail method. YOu will need to rinse the rice well to start with unless you're using one that has been pre-washed like Uncle Bens which needs no washing at all. The rice absorbs all the water (some will evaporate as steam). You need to kep an eye on the pan to make sure that: -

(a) the steam doesn't cause too much pressure and cause it to boil over the sides of the pan (in fact I leave the lid slightly on/off), and

(b) to ensure that you don't burn the rice - once all the water has been absorbed the rice will be lovely and fluffy with no rinsing required but if you leave it on the stove after the water has absobed the rice will burn.

NOTE: Have a prod about by all means but DON'T STIR as this breaks down the starches and makes the rice sticky.

Now this all sounds very onerous but once you get the hang of the timings it's very easy indeed. :wink:

FINALLY! ... At long last I have taken the time to work out how to upload pics onto the Gallery - it was actually very easy - except I don't seem to be able to name my albums - can anyone help with that one ... Kate? :roll:

Haven't worked out how to link into my album yet so you'll all just have to find them yourselves :P they've only just been posted so they should be on the first pages of the Chickens and First Eggs Galleries respectively :D

I've put some piccies of the cats on too for those who are interested - some of you may remember that way back in March Hebe was involved in an accident with a car - you can see how much she has improved! Just a bandage on the tail and a big bald patch on her back! Her re-structured pelvis seems to be doing very well indeed :D

The pics of the hens are a bit old - before their wattles turned red and juicy! I was going to take some up-to-date ones today but it's far too wet and windy!