One Man Banned

It's a BaNk HoLiDaY - What are YOU doing?

ummmm Bank Holiday

I am trying to finish an assignment for uni that seems to be taking me an age because I keep changing my mind as i am writting. Also been taking too many 'technical' breaks thats when it gets hard going! so go and sit in the garden with the chooks

Was rudely woken just before 6 this morning by my 10 month old. Managed to string it out until 6.30

Went shopping in the morning and spent all of hubbies money, which I really enjoyed. Came home and let the chooks out. They are having a ball. The new pair seem to be getting used to my eldest two children running and screaming around the garden without running for cover.

Forgot to mention that I hung out the washing as it was sunny at the time but then it hailed and rained, lovely. :?

We got up early and the sun was shining :D strapped bikes to the car (got dressed first!) made picnic and set off to ride the Manifold Way, and 8 mile linear route with some friends and their 2 children.

Hail rain, more rain and a little more hail :shock: it's supposed to be nearly June :roll:

Stopped a couple of times for a hot choc, as I think we earned it :D

Had a great time despite the rain, the children had a great time, which is sometimes half the battle, and the fact that they all managed 16 miles, must be something in the hot choc :lol: and now I'm ploughing through the muddy washing!

Hope everyone else had a good day,

karen x

Well I have a bit of advice for anyone wanting to attempt a certain section of the Cotswold Way on a day like today

Choose to walk on a day that is NOT the day they hold the Cheese Rolling competition on Coopers Hill, after several days of rain, after several thousand said event spectators have to walk over the route that turned it into mush - and deep mush it was too :?:P

One consolation? - Well it had to be the sight of those not really appropriately dressed for the occasion :P:P

Young ladies :?: in flip flops, guys in jeans and trainers and mud don't mix!

(and without coats too - bet they got VERY wet during the occasional hail storms!)

And all to watch grown men throw themselves down a 1in2 slope after a cheese! :roll::roll::roll:

Still once we'd collected my car from the start of the walk we went to Waitrose and bought lots of yummy food and LOADS of Ecover stuff :lol::lol::lol:

and I have just woken up after a lovely nap :oops::oops::shock:

I've had a lovely day :D:D:D

I met LJ, Sheila & Esther, and Ginette with her lovely family at the rare breeds centre in Ashford, Kent. They had lots of chickens, some really ugly things that looked as if they deserved walk on parts in Dr Who with grotesque flat combs that covered their faces and heads, and lots and lots of gorgeous once. I so nearly smuggled out a buff orpington under my coat :roll::wink:

They even had a green eglu and orange rablu in their garden area so I felt quite at home. We did have to dodge showers a bit, but on the whole the weather was kind and we had a good natter :D .

I hope everyone else enjoyed their day as much.

I spent the morning last-minute revising before having a three hour Medieval Literature exam. Worse exam I have ever taken - I didn't even manage to complete the third essay which is a first for me. So I'm off now to do more panic revision for Literary Theory tomorrow incase that paper is as terrible. It has been wet and miserable most of the day in Cambridge too :( I miss my home and my chickens! But only 3 more exams till I can go home! :D

Choose to walk on a day that is NOT the day they hold the Cheese Rolling competition on Coopers Hill, after several days of rain, after several thousand said event spectators have to walk over the route that turned it into mush - and deep mush it was too :?:P

Think I just read a news report about that - loads of people were injured, apparantly, slipping about in the mud.

Imagine phoning your boss after a bank holiday, and saying you can't come in cause you got injured cheese chasing.......

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

we watched one fella go down as we passed and had a drink and rest (it's a steep climb)

He was COVERED in sticky mud - one let down was the large crowd of "chav's" almost drunk at 1100 in the morning - very loud and rowdy they were too

Still they didn't spoil our day - Molly got one of the spectators splattered in mud (I walked on a little at a really bad bit and she ran to catch me up!)

Hey ho! :lol:

I've had a lovely day :D:D:D

I met LJ, Sheila & Esther, and Ginette with her lovely family at the rare breeds centre in Ashford, Kent. They had lots of chickens, some really ugly things that looked as if they deserved walk on parts in Dr Who with grotesque flat combs that covered their faces and heads, and lots and lots of gorgeous once. I so nearly smuggled out a buff orpington under my coat :roll::wink:

They even had a green eglu and orange rablu in their garden area so I felt quite at home. We did have to dodge showers a bit, but on the whole the weather was kind and we had a good natter :D .

I hope everyone else enjoyed their day as much.

I enjoyed it very much KateA. It was lovely to meet you again and to meet Ginette and Sheila for the first time. We all had a great time :D I've never seen a pig race before :lol: I loved those tiny white chooks with the blue ears. I'll have to find out what they are called. 8)

I had a lovely day too! :) First day of half term for my 9-y-o son, Stephen. OH was at work. :( I took Stephen to Lunt Fort (near Coventry) and found they had a Roman, Viking and Celtic re-enactment day. Suited Stephen fine - especially as he is "doing" Romans this term!

Then to Ryton Organic Garden (my real destination) where they have children's activities all this week. We did Willow Weaving, and looked round the gardens. I was last there about 15 years ago, and it is much bigger now! Really enjoyed it! :D Only bought 2 plants....

I spent the morning last-minute revising before having a three hour Medieval Literature exam. Worse exam I have ever taken - I didn't even manage to complete the third essay which is a first for me. So I'm off now to do more panic revision for Literary Theory tomorrow incase that paper is as terrible. It has been wet and miserable most of the day in Cambridge too :( I miss my home and my chickens! But only 3 more exams till I can go home! :D

Coo, pollydoodle, that sounds interesting - what are you studying that for? Is it a uni degree and what do you want to do with it (apart from shove it up the exam paper writers **** at the moment!!)

Quite! :shock::lol:

Was it a Bank Holiday then?

Cleaned floors as I was expecting a visit today from Kate. Unpacked boxes of books (more boxes :roll: ) Carl accidentally threw home-brew all over the arm of the chair and then managed to step on some soot from the fire (brought down by the horrendous hail storm) and traipse it all over the kitchen floor :evil: He's still living - just! :?

Vile weather yesterday - slightly better today.

Hi Helen :) Yes, it's a uni degree - English Tripos. So hard! Though I am VERY annoyed about the terrible questions on the Medieval paper, one of the Doctors who set the questions is one of my supervisors so I have to temper my rage! I would rather enjoy phoning him to have a rant though! (He could have warned me! :wink: ). Lit Theory went well today though, so just Shakespeare and Renaissance to go :D I'm not sure what I want to do when I graduate yet. I am thinking of possibly going into Customs, but I still have a year here to decide :) Emma Thompson went to my college and I would love to follow in her footsteps, lol! Unfortunately I'm no actor!

Christine x

:shock:

Count your blessings Lesley..... Look out of your windows :!:

I'll swap :mrgreen::D:D

It's difficult to see out of the windows when....

a. they really need cleaning and...

b. the weather really is so vile that you can't see anyway.:roll::wink:

Much nicer today and the view was lovely 8)