Cinnamon

Suffering in the heat

Every step I take is a huge effort today,as it is 32 degrees outside :shock:

I normally adore the hot weather,but this has really got to me today.

No sleep last night either - my cottage has low ceilings & small windows,so there is not much ventilation :?

I know its horribly English to moan about the nice warm weather,but I feel grumpy,sticky slow & miserable today :?

I am off for a nice cool shower 8)

I am a shopper :D

I can't wait to go. Thanks for the white linen tip, I have had my eye on a linen skirt, good excuse to get it now :D

It's supposed to be around 45C in the day and they have to cool the pool down :shock: . The hotel gives you ice buckets to keep your drinks cool around the pool in the day.

There is air conditioning too I hope :shock:

My new car has climate control,& I am finding myself driving everywhere at the moment....very,very slowly :lol:

That Magicool stuff is good too. I sprayed it all over at 2am this morning & finally managed to get a couple of hours sleep :?

Oh Clare, that's too hot :shock: ! Hope you can enjoy yourself despite the temperatures! I like the ice buckets idea! Might try that myself for my feet :wink: !

I hate hot weather. My feet feel like balloons and like Sarah, everything's a real effort. I'm a winter person - it's much easier to put on another jumper when you're cold!

Spent the day in the kitchen of all places trying to process 8lbs strawberries into jam (plain strawberry and a batch of strawberry and rose petal), sorbets and ice cream and am struggling in the heat in there! The hens are making a row. I think they're fed up with being hot too, poor dears. I can hear them digging their dustbathing holes so hopefully that might cool them down. It's shady in their run which is a blessing for them.

It is just tooooo hot here as well. I've never like hot weather. I lurk about in the shade whenever I can.

I usually close curtains and have the ceiling fans on. It's a bit difficult here as we don't have curtains. We had three blinds put up last week, but I need blackout lined curtains :?

All our animals have shade and nothing is moving at the moment, even the cats have moved into the shade 8)

I am a shopper :D

I can't wait to go. Thanks for the white linen tip, I have had my eye on a linen skirt, good excuse to get it now :D

It's supposed to be around 45C in the day and they have to cool the pool down :shock: . The hotel gives you ice buckets to keep your drinks cool around the pool in the day.

Where abouts are you staying? We were in the Jumeriah beach (the sail one) a couple of years ago in January. It was great - do the desert dune riding in the 4 x 4 - great fun - as was wild wadi water park - the only water slide I have ever seen that propels you up rather than down!

Have a great time!

I know its horribly English to moan about the nice warm weather,but I feel grumpy,sticky slow & miserable today :?

You have a good old moan Sarah. I don't think this is typical English summer weather. It's just too intense. There's no breeze. I'm sure I don't remember my summer holidays as a child being like this?

I've been running the back of my my wrists under the cold tap all day, and it really does work. It cools the blood as it runs around your body and you do actually start to feel less hot.

Got a huge headache, and I can't even go to sleep with Stefan being so uncomfortable :roll:

Boris70, we are staying at Le Royal Meridien on the Jumeriah beach. Looks lovely.

I have booked a Club room which gives you access to the club lounge so you can have free soft drink all day and cakes in the afternoon.

Boris I would love any hints and tips you have especially eating places, the hotel runs a free shuttle bus up into town several times a day which is good as I don't rally want to be paying hotel prices. If a coke cost £5 :shock: whats food going to cost.

I really dislike the heat too - OH thinks I'm mad as he likes it the hotter the better so its nice to find fellow winter-lovers on here!

Here in London its BAKING, and the temperature on the tube is nearly 10 degrees hotter than outside :shock: Coming in to work this morning was just horrid - there's no way you can stay looking nice and professional when you're standing on a tube for half an hour in those temperatures :?

My chooks were lying, panting in dustbaths when I left this morning. What's the betting they've been there most of the day?

Cookie. xx

:lol: Sorry to spoil this topic, but I love this weather! Over 30 deg. and I have a spring in my step. Just the rest of the year that I'm grumpy!

Boiling hot sun & a pot full of tea.

Perfect day. 8)

PS. We can't run water over wrists to cool down in S.E! we can't leave all those taps running!

PPs. Haven't needed a hot water bottle at night for 4 nights! Esther had a cold hot water bottle if you see what I mean. Great idea, and it really helped her, along with 3 cold flannels. :D

This is like a Monty Pyton sketch....

"35 degrees?......You were lucky......" :lol::lol:

If it makes you all feel better, I spent 6 hours in an upstairs classroom with 32 children, windows which don't open and 1 fan.

I'm off to the bar.......

I'm loving the hot weather............went shopping this morning in Brighton and had lovely smoothies and am now at home which has a nice cool breeze flowing through it. Great weather for tanning :D

Thats the problem - there is no breeze here at all.

It is all sticky & still.

I normally love warm weather,but this has made me feel lethargic......

I PROMISE not to moan when it rains 8):lol:

Devon has woken this morning pale & sweaty,headachey & nauseous,so she is staying at home.

It could be the heat that has got too much for her,as she had to do cricket at midday on a field with no shade yesterday :?

How long before schools have to get air conditioning to prevent them being sued by unhappy parents? :lol::lol:8)