Paola

Strange Cat!

Our Main Coon Azlan who has just turned 1 has got to be the strangest cat that I have ever had when it comes to taking medicine :roll: He only has dried food and you only have to drop the whole tablet on top of his food and he scoffs the lot :shock::lol: We have only recently discovered this as he was bitten on the paw and needed antibiotics. OH could not shift him from his breakfast to drop the tablet down his throat, so he just stuck it on top of his food. I thought it might have been a fluke but I have done the same ever since 8):lol: In the past with my other cats, you had to take your life in your hands when giving them medicine :lol:

They so sound like the cat for me too :pray:

Sophie is ok at taking tablets, I usually hide it in a bit of pate but Dave is wise to this now and licks the pate off and leaves the tablet. I've got one of those tablet dispensers that the vet has but he fights so much I need a pair of bird of prey gloves to administer it. :x

I have to say after reading Bellekatz's post about Taz, I've also decided that I will have one too someday. I googled them earlier and there are some stunning girls and boys out there. I thought perhaps I should treat myself to one for my 40th next year but I don't think my current brood would be very impressed :shock::roll: plus I never intended having 6 never mind another one. Prudence is telling me to wait so I shall :lol: but one day..

For all of you who have trouble getting your lovely little fur balls to take tablets - have a look at this http://www.mamarocks.com/how_to_give_your_cat_a_pill.htm I know it was on the forum somewhere in the past 12 months, but it still makes me howl :lol: It's so true :lol:

I have to say after reading Bellekatz's post about Taz, I've also decided that I will have one too someday. I googled them earlier and there are some stunning girls and boys out there. I thought perhaps I should treat myself to one for my 40th next year but I don't think my current brood would be very impressed :shock::roll: plus I never intended having 6 never mind another one. Prudence is telling me to wait so I shall :lol: but one day..

I never intended haveing 6 either, or a dog or chickens but there you go :dance::dance: I am just lucky that all mine get on, and the ones I have lost over the last 4 years are not the ones I would have expected - my old ginger who is in his late teens and been at deaths door for years is now actually recovering form diabetes!! I think he will go on forever :wink::)

I've just spent the afternoon ironing, got YS at home ill - again, so I watched Runaway Bride. There was a huge cat at the end of the film with long hair. Has anybody watched this film and can they tell if its a Maine Coon? It is gorgeous. It's Richard Gere's cat called Italics in the film. :D

My Maine Coon, Google, has some pretty strange habits. I have a large covered litter tray which she uses very little as she 'goes' in the garden most of the time, consequently I only give the litter box a complete clean out once a week. When I have cleaned it out, new paper, new litter etc., she goes inside it, checks it out, and then goes to sleep in there, she does it every single time, it must be sooooo uncomfortable to sleep on cat litter :shock:

I can highly recommend Maine Coon cats, they are so entertaining, more like dogs than cats really, she is only 8 months old and already much bigger than the next door moggy. I would really love to have another one, but I musn't, must I, there are so many cats in need of a good home languishing in cat homes :(

Tessa

You could always get a Maine coon rescue :wink::wink: The breed clubs do get them and sometimes breeders have to part with them for a variety of reasons my friend has two that she has had for years, but they have never got on with the other cats so she is trying to find them good single cat homes.