Janty

What is your ideal number plate?

I was looking at ANH's post about number plates and it reminded me about my perfect one.

About six years ago I was browsing through the DVLA website (as you do) and I typed in JAN377E as a search (my name is Janette). That was the number plate I used to have on my Sindy car :oops: . It showed up for auction with a guide price of £2000. Hubby said we should go for it but I said no as I was convinced that it would go for a lot more. It didn't go for much at all in the end (I checked afterwards and was gutted). About two years afterwards, I received an e-mail asking if I was still interested in the number plate and that if I was I could have it for £10,000. I replied that they were having a laugh and heard no more about it. I do check from time to time to see if it comes up for sale again.

Other plates I would love would be :

JAN7Y

J4 NTY

AR51 JAN (my favourite)

What would your ideal number plate be?

My OH already has personalised plates and I'm not mad keen myself. I suppose that I could find a J4 NEL which kind of looks like my name. I saw a good one today 700 600D - at least I think that's what it was :anxious: - it looked like Too Good anyway!

now, you see, I wouldn't have looked at that and seen "Too Good" :roll: I never could get those pictures either where you had to stare at thrm and a 3D image would emerge, I just couldn't see anything. My brain doesn't work like that! :lol:

I would like one with a funny word on it. something like CH1 KEN would be cool!

I used to drive over a thousand miles a week and saw some ace ones on my travels:

(I havent used the exact version as obviously these are real peoples cars but they were very very close!)

Prozac

Tattoo

Spy

BRA 34B

Beamer

Smart

Big boss

bad lad

plumb

musical

music dj

Merc

My Jag

Hi Everyone

Well here are those I would like:-

1AN....... POA

1JJ ....... POA

H 1 VWJ........ ABOUT £400

the last one stands for ..... Harry, Ian, Valerie, William and the family name

EGG 5 ...... EGGS...... POA

HEN 5....... ????

So there you have it.

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 Lovely hens

Henian Castle with (cube purple)(purple eglu) inside it

it'a funny though when you see how desperately some people try to make their number plates read something different... I believe if your getting a personalied one then it should clearly ready what it is, not by adding these little pieces of plastic etc to make a c look like an E for example. Which is illegal in itself.

I wouldn't mind my initials and then the number 7 which is my favorite number.. so LJD 7 or LD 7 if anyone see's it :lol:

I saw husbands name really cheap years ago and didn't buy it as it seemed OTT at the time. Could have made a killing on it though in hindsight.

Some no make me ROFCWL though. One on a big flashy car here is 30 CM and the driver is a really short male. Could just be my mind though :oops:

Being Essex girls we obviously already have personalised plates, although both me and Mum need to hit the DVLA to get them put on our cars. My car was a dodgy internet deal so was in someone elses name for 6 months and I just got the paperwork through a couple of weeks ago and Mum got her new car last week. We only have to go to Chelmsford so we'll probably do it just after Christmas.

Neither of them are that exciting as they were both very cheap ones we bought years ago - when you are buying a brand new car spending £250 on a number plate doesn't seem like a lot. Mum picked hers quite easily but I had about 5 versions of mine printed out from the DVLA site and stuck on the wall in the office for a few weeks to help me decide.

Anyway if you see us passing - give us a flash!

K16 KJE

or

X7 EVE

it'a funny though when you see how desperately some people try to make their number plates read something different... I believe if your getting a personalied one then it should clearly ready what it is, not by adding these little pieces of plastic etc to make a c look like an E for example. Which is illegal in itself.

:

I agree with you totally on this, when you have to squint and stare at a number plate to try to work out what they are trying to say because they have used numbers of letters in the wrong way, or the spacing is really stupid, then I often wonder what the point is.

End of rant.

I remember D1 ANE came up for auction years ago and it went for £20k, which I think is just insane!! :shock::wink:

When I was 6 my Dad bought an old Vauxhall with the number plate 2SKL which would have been perfect for OH and me now (I'm the S, OH is the K and our surname starts with L). Dad was offered money for it but wouldn't sell just the number plate because it meant buying a new one for the car and that sounded too complicated for him.

Wow!

My parents went over the top (as usual) with my son's Christmas present one year and bought him an electric car. We made number plates for it....BAD3N.

Edited to say that now I think about it, it could have been B4DEN.

You get the idea.

Do you really have a number plate with B4DEN