Lesley

Joanna Lumley's Pink Hat-Update!!!

Confused! Confused! As everyone knows, boy gnome hats go straight up, and girl gnome ones curl foreward to the front. It looks like Claret's gnomes are happy to share their wardrobes! :lol:

How about having the gathering here (which was where my gnome pic was taken):

http://www.gnomereserve.co.uk/

It's very special indeed. I love it!

Lesley I have only just caught up with this thread and would love to order...probably too late but if not may I have a red one please? They are fabulous. Thanks, Alison

Sorry - I really daren't change the order again :(

I'm having to use a translation site to work out my apologies and the last one said that it was definitely the last. I should imagine the poor man has gone for a long lie-down.

I've just had a go at doing one of these in red felt, and as I've done it all handsewn and freehand without a pattern, it's more Medieval serf than gnome, but I like it!

I decided not to do ear flaps, because if I pinned back the long bits, my ears were covered snugly, and it looked a bit Dutch peasant, which I liked. Plus, that way, I've got a little bit to secure under my chin with a press stud, which helps with the windproof snugness. Serf chic. It's so credit crunch/2009. 8):D

Pics to follow when the OH gets home later possibly.

I've seen the pics in the Craft section - brilliant! 8)

For those of us buying from Norway though, I have now heard back.

The postage from Norway is reduced to just under £4 per hat and I've worked out that the UK postage will be £2.17 - First Class Recorded so that it is signed for.

That makes it £26 per hat - are you still all interested?

Clare, yours won't have UK postage on it of course.

I've seen the pics in the Craft section - brilliant! 8)

For those of us buying from Norway though, I have now heard back.

The postage from Norway is reduced to just under £4 per hat and I've worked out that the UK postage will be £2.17 - First Class Recorded so that it is signed for.

That makes it £26 per hat - are you still all interested?

Clare, yours won't have UK postage on it of course.

:think: I'm worth it aren't I?

yes, of course! :D

I'll PM those who don't already have my address.

I'm off to rummage for your address.......it'll be safely filed on one of those bits of paper waiting to go into my address book :wink::roll::lol::lol:

edited to add......I've found your address Lesley (and the phone no for the plumber - yay :dance: been looking for that all week :roll: ) so I'll pop the cheque in the post in the morning :D :D

LOOK!!!

DSCF3874.jpg

DSCF3869.jpg

Shame I don't look as good as Joanna Lumley did in hers! :lol:

I will get them in the post this afternoon - that should guarantee a heatwave :roll::wink:

I have cheques and addresses from most of you - just need to contact Ms.Marple. We haven't banked the cheques yet - I wanted to make sure the hats arrived. I emailed a week ago and heard nothing! :roll:

(mind you - I used the same translation site to send a message in Hungarian to son's girlfriend's mother, to go with some home-made biscuits I sent her............. g/f fell about laughing at it.....it was just a collection of words which didn't really make sense.......no wonder the Norwegians didn't reply :shock: I put a sentence in English followed by gobbledygook Norwegian :shock::oops::lol: )