chelsea

any cleaning product suggestions?

Im waiting for my green eglu to come, so at the moment my girls are in a wooden coup, they have only been in there for 2 weeks (cleaned every week) but the house/area is getting a bit whiffy, hubby said its the hay/straw that smells and not the actualy chickens.

I want to give them a good clean out today and put down woodchip instead of hay - can anyone suggest a good cleaner that will make it smell nice but also isnt going to harm my girls.

thanks!

I have had a green eglu for 4 months now and the cleaning is easy never had a smell but l clean the poo tray every day and the roosting bars.Then a hole clean every week.I bet you cant wait for your eglu to come l use a animal disinfectant for that also on the rabbit hutch that should work until you get you eglu.Its hard really as wood just soaks it all in.Hope your eglu turns up soon for little chooks.

(green eglu)

(Bluebelle) bluebell

(white chicken) ruby

PP marmalaid

!egg!!egg!!egg! every day

animal disinfectant....oh ok...could I get this at a Pet shop? or do I need to go to our local farmers suppliers (mole valley farmers)??

yes, I cannot wait for my green eglu - gonna be so easier...I gonna wait till tomorrow and if omlet havent rung im gonna ring them, I will probably pay extra for next day delivery as the waiting is just killing me!!

I was thinking of Jeyes fluid, but I think this will be too strong and harmful eh?

thanks for your suggestions. I'll definetly use them when I get the eglu. Just come back from farms supplies shop - bought disinfectant specifically for chicken houses (says on bottle)...keeps away bugs/infections etc...cost me £21 !!....also bought some mite powder...some tonic stuff to keep them perky - a cat litter tray to make them a dust bath....and a huge bag of curly shavings ...blimey those chicken are spoilt...cost me a lotta money!

The pet disinfectant l use is just a animal one like from pets at home place or tesco sell it.It cost around £1.75 when u run out of that use that one its really handy kill all the bugs.I use it on the rabbit hutch and ginipig cage and the eglu. Good stuff. plus a spray the roostings bars every day to

(green eglu)

(Bluebelle) blubell !egg!

(white chicken) ruby !egg!

PP marmalaid !egg!

all how l would like another (green eglu) if l was richer