Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Is that an old school type table you have under your eglu by the way?

Yes, minus the top :) . I used a pallet for the top with lino on top :) .

Ahaaa clever clogs just i spotted in our bowling club they have loads of tables sitting outside and they have been since last summer i was considering asking for one but i ended up adding eglu to outside and covering the gap at front of the eglu run with chicken wire which is probably why we look out some nights and find the odd wild bird in the run :lol:

The run looks great RB. I have been thinking about perches lately but thinking is as far as I've got.

This weekend we have got to empty son's play shed, dismantle it and clear the area for the foundations for the run.

The run looks great RB. I have been thinking about perches lately but thinking is as far as I've got.

This weekend we have got to empty son's play shed, dismantle it and clear the area for the foundations for the run.

Good luck with the hard work ahead :) It :D will all be worth it in the end

:lol: Very swish ANH!!!

If you add anything else to that WIR there won`t be any room for the chickens! :wink:

So what's next? :D

I have just "acquired" a birdtable from a lady who was offering pots on Freecycle (i collected pots and the birdtable was in her skip!) and am going to give it a good sanding and paint and work out what the girls can use it for!

What a lovely Butt you have ANH :angel: I know nothing to do with walk in run persay but I just got my first proper egg aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh so excited my lovely girl Murghana laid it i assume since she has the reddest comb and bigger comb the other girl her age is almost none existant in the face furniture (fresh from the omlet dictionary :lol: )

Been calling her a clever girl since i found it very proud mother indeed :lol::dance:

CHICKENS429.jpg

CHICKENS430.jpg

CHICKENS426.jpg

Can someone decide for me if I need a paving slab/aubiose floor to our WIR or if grass/soil and Aubiose will be enough?

I've got 4 girls going in there, they'll spend a fair amount of time in the run I should think.

Can someone decide for me if I need a paving slab/aubiose floor to our WIR or if grass/soil and Aubiose will be enough?

I've got 4 girls going in there, they'll spend a fair amount of time in the run I should think.

Toughy well i am not too experienced but i would figure if they spending loads of time in there they would need access to the soil to get bugs although if there is a bit of spacing between slabs they can pick up a few here and there i would assume they would get more from natural ground layer x I was gonna keep mine in most of time letting them out to free range when i was in garden ended up letting the girls take over the garden so gotta keep checking the step before i step out :lol:

My run is half and half and all of it has Aubiose on top :D The slabs are to the front and are easily swept clean........the soil is at the back and stays dry :D The girls have a scratch about all over and don`t seem favour one bit over another.

I had intended on paving the whole lot but those slabs are heavy!!! :oops:

I'm quite happy with soil & Easibed in my run. The roof keeps it dry, it's really easy to poo pick (I keep a flowerpot and scoop handy) and they seem to enjoy scratching around in it (often staying in even though their freerange door is open!).

Just got one question about aubiose, when it is windy doesn't it get blown out all over the garden. I find in our run even though we have wood chipping it turns into like a tornado effect in the middle when the wind comes thru one end actually less windy to stand out in the wind :lol: Gonna be getting some more funshades and plaster them about will add splashes of colour and hopefully reduce our tornado :)

I am having a concrete base built for the run but the base will only be 30cm wide all the way around the edge of the run and the walk in run will sit on top. This will leave my lot soil (can't claim it will be grass :roll: ) and aubiose to scrab about in. I am also having the concrete built up to 10cm above ground so that it will help keep the aubiouse inside the run. It will also keep the wood above the ground and dry in case we have lots of rain.

I am having a concrete base built for the run but the base will only be 30cm wide all the way around the edge of the run and the walk in run will sit on top. This will leave my lot soil (can't claim it will be grass :roll: ) and aubiose to scrab about in. I am also having the concrete built up to 10cm above ground so that it will help keep the aubiouse inside the run. It will also keep the wood above the ground and dry in case we have lots of rain.

That sounds like a plan x goodluck

I thought the two words were interchangeable....especially having emptied one of my Dad's to move them :shock: I think the removal van was filled more from his sheds than from the house - and that's saying something!!!

DH has announced on many an occasion that having moved my Dad (who has magpie tendencies which I have inherited :lol: ) we are never moving from this house :roll::lol:

Good luck with the relocation!!!

Sha x

Well here goes...the great shed sort out. Everybody is in bed so there can't be any moaning about keeping things we don't need.

My Dad was going to come over and help me but I have persuaded him not to. Dad is a 'get it done quickly' merchant. He's lovely but it's a bit like a bull in a china shop when he gets going. I'd rather do it methodically, sorting as I go.

Well here goes...the great shed sort out. Everybody is in bed so there can't be any moaning about keeping things we don't need.

My Dad was going to come over and help me but I have persuaded him not to. Dad is a 'get it done quickly' merchant. He's lovely but it's a bit like a bull in a china shop when he gets going. I'd rather do it methodically, sorting as I go.

Good luck, it'll be worth it when it's done (which will be on my headstone :wink: !!!!)!

Sha x