Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Hubby has ordered me two blue egg laying bantams from a local breeder to celebrate the walk in run.

:shock:

:shock: blue egg laying bantam!!??? Didn`t know they existed, what breed are they?

And :clap: to Mr Janty!!! Great WIR celebration present!!

There is a breeder not far from us that I have been in contact with regarding quail. When I spoke to her last year she said that she was developing a blue egg laying bantam. I e-mailed her last week when I ordered the quail and I asked how the blue egg project was going and she said that she was getting good, consistent results.

Hubby just announced that blue eggs would be lovely and he'd like to buy me a couple of hens to celebrate the walk in run being built.

As I am planning one too, I'm just popping in to say hello!

I'm still waiting for my friends hubby to give us the quote, its been a week now since he came out, and I've already got 4 more girls on order!

I'm thinking that mine will be 18ft by 6ft, so thats 108 square foot, which is 10 metres square, so plenty of room for 7 girls (with some growing space if I decided to get a few more).

I am also going to add some levels. I was thinking about adding some old tables inside, as they could be moved out, and I could add dust baths etc.

Shall tell my hubby that a WIR present is obligatory (Thanks Janty!), although I suspect he'll tell me that the WIR itself and 4 new girls is enough of a present!!

By the Way Janty Five days now for you!

I have just had an e-mail from the breeder...she has two blue egg layers reserved for us for Tuesday. He's a lovely hubby. I shall run him a bath tonight and make him a cuppa.

:D

He certainly is a lovely hubby! Well done him :clap: