Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Hubby is adamant that we can build the foundations ourselves but I don't think that we will have enough time with school work, writing reports, etc.

I have got a quote for a reinforced concrete base that will just go around the edge of the run leaving the centre as earth....OMG :shock:

I'll break the news to hubby later.

We've just completed our WIR and moved the girls in. It's 14ft x 7ft and we made it with our own fair hands and no previous experience!

WIRfull.jpg

WIRside.jpg

The girls seem to be loving it. :D

Just got to add some perches and mezzanine levels and it'll be done.

Thanks guys. We were really taken by the avaries 2 u ones but couldn't really afford one. So we looked into what we could do ourselves, the cost was £200!

We got the paving slabs for the base for free from a neighbour who was replacing their drive. The base boards were in the skip at my husband's workplace, relocated for free.

The rest of the wood cost £85 from the local timber yard. The weld mesh was £47 from Hills of Devon and the corrugated plastic was £58 from Wickes. A tenner for screws and staples and the job was done!

It took us about 4 days to complete it. All in all, despite a few swear words it was not too difficult.

Thanks guys. We were really taken by the avaries 2 u ones but couldn't really afford one. So we looked into what we could do ourselves, the cost was £200!

We got the paving slabs for the base for free from a neighbour who was replacing their drive. The base boards were in the skip at my husband's workplace, relocated for free.

The rest of the wood cost £85 from the local timber yard. The weld mesh was £47 from Hills of Devon and the corrugated plastic was £58 from Wickes. A tenner for screws and staples and the job was done!

It took us about 4 days to complete it. All in all, despite a few swear words it was not too difficult.

WOW! I AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH WHAT YOU GUYS DID AND AMAZING COSTING ASWELL. AMAZING RUN!!! WELL DONE!!!

Well i was needing something for birds to perch on and couldn't find the right branch for them so whilst buying some weldmesh in b&q i made my own integration cage almost finished ran out of wood and mesh grr :lol: but i came across balustrade poles shaped at end perfectly for me to attach to corners of my run so i put in two and my husband said they wont reach that but guess what lol they did they can hop a few feet easy and they have been using it so i am very pleased! The cockerel (MRTURTLE) has been alienated after a pecking incident he is a bully :o

CHICKENS387.jpg

My cage well it's a first time effort i am quite please building something with my fair wee hands lol but it isn't perfect or finished :lol: as you can see i didn't measure the house first :lol: so gonna have to build on and add a door lol it is so wobbly on top gonna have to add piece of wood just to hold that down but at least the kids like to perch on top of it it's good for something then :lol:

Ooh I saw leeloo the one lying down second picture eating a slug this morning not something i wanna see at anytime :vom:CHICKENS389.jpgr

That looks great, Rosemary 8) . Love the perches 8) .

I've upgraded our perches a little too! Maisie especially spends lots of time roosting on the branches :clap: .

Loving the wee ladders you have looks excellent!!!

I couldn't find branches as nice as yours maybe i was too particular

i kept putting them down because they weren't smooth enough or bark was too flaky :lol: the balustrade pieces really worked a treat for me though :D

I tell you it's amazing watching them perch and watching my roast chickens sunbathing too luvvly so glad i got them eveyrone loves them i keep getting knocks on the door can we come in and see your chickens which is funny since they all where whispering about the mad woman at first announcement :lol:

Is that an old school type table you have under your eglu by the way?