Ain't Nobody Here

We're all planning walk in runs! Let's share!

Thanks! You prob remember my last one cookie?! It got really boggy and horrible down there, it was also inundated with pigeons eating their food so made the decison to have a wir, and it's fab, bit like your lovely one. :D

That is a really nice gleaming new run..built my own but got to say aviaries 4 u do a brill job from all the postings

You must b well pleased

indie :)

It is a bit big isn't it! :oops: Think i got a bit carried away with the measurements, can't be the biggest though is it?!?! :anxious:

Cookie its 3 x bags of aubiouse (sp) btw! :D

I love looking at all your lovely runs, it's what inspired me to finally make the decision to get one, and i love it! :D

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Yes I'm very lucky OH is very practical and I was able to show him some of the pictures of runs in this thread to give him the ideas and detail. :think:

He managed to put it together (evenings/weekend) in less than a week but to be fair he does enjoy this kind of project :clap:

Ideally I would have liked an even bigger WIR so as to have even more chooks :wink: but he wanted a vegetable patch so I settled for a smaller one.

I suppose I could hire him out and make a few pounds to put towards my dream smallholding with chooks, alpacas and cats :lol:

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Yes I'm very lucky OH is very practical and I was able to show him some of the pictures of runs in this thread to give him the ideas and detail. :think:

He managed to put it together (evenings/weekend) in less than a week but to be fair he does enjoy this kind of project :clap:

Ideally I would have liked an even bigger WIR so as to have even more chooks :wink: but he wanted a vegetable patch so I settled for a smaller one.

I suppose I could hire him out and make a few pounds to put towards my dream smallholding with chooks, alpacas and cats :lol:

All except the cats it's sounds like a dream to me well maybe not alpacas either lol goats and wee piggies I am still scared of being pecked by my chickens lmao Your run looks amazing girl! your very lucky as are the girls. Are the hy-lines the ex bats? they look identical to my girls excpet mine look like they want to eat me and chase me round the garden your girls all look friendly x Beautiful grden by the way aswell loads of space

Yes the 3 orange ladies( including my favorite chook posing in the run) are my beautiful ex-batts. I also have Pumpkin, a nova ranger (I think thats what she is :oops: ) They are definately the boldest and friendliest of all my girls :D The least friendly is Spex (silver nova) she can be very rude sometimes swearing and cussing at me and her companions :evil:

Yes the garden is a fair size but nowhere near the acres I dream of for loads of hens :boohoo:

Yes the 3 orange ladies( including my favorite chook posing in the run) are my beautiful ex-batts. I also have Pumpkin, a nova ranger (I think thats what she is :oops: ) They are definately the boldest and friendliest of all my girls :D The least friendly is Spex (silver nova) she can be very rude sometimes swearing and cussing at me and her companions :evil:

Yes the garden is a fair size but nowhere near the acres I dream of for loads of hens :boohoo:

oh i hear ye! I have only had my girlies 2 weeks tmrw actually but already dreams of farmland entering my head i used to work on a small holding was horses mainly and goats ,ducks and geese which used to attack so did goats mind you lol few head butts to get my cheese and onion crisps lol

Hoping for a super large lottery win big enough to give lump to charity and still buy land and house and have my live stock that would be fandabbydosey :D

The ex batts are looking lovely i have to say feathers look great usually ones i have seen are bare

They were a bit oven ready to begin with but not nearly as bad as some I've seen :shock:

Jump had a huge moult soon after we got her and walked around in the freezing weather semi naked/like a porcupine for weeks :anxious: They were very spoilt though and got tuna and the expensive Smallholder ex-batt food. I really worried about her but now her newly grown outfit is simply stunning :o

These 3 hens definately won the lottery :D

The ex batts are looking lovely i have to say feathers look great usually ones i have seen are bare

They were a bit oven ready to begin with but not nearly as bad as some I've seen :shock:

Jump had a huge moult soon after we got her and walked around in the freezing weather semi naked/like a porcupine for weeks :anxious: They were very spoilt though and got tuna and the expensive Smallholder ex-batt food. I really worried about her but now her newly grown outfit is simply stunning :o

These 3 hens definately won the lottery :D

I can't really keep more than 6 hens i don't think the council never made it exactly clear how many i can keep but they said not too many as in not huge flock but they weren't completely clear i am too scared to phone back and ask for definitive numbers incase they have changed their mind and tell me to get rid of so tops i would have 7 i think but not sure i am ready to take on ex batts still freaking out about everything with these ones took me 30 mins to read and understand flubenvet instructions this morning due to my freaking out lol After i get used to my girls i will get a few more was hoping for a silkie or 2 but will have to wait for my trusted breeder to get some.

Kudos to everyone taking on the ex batts really lifts the heart to know people care enough xxx

Slight modification which needs more modifying lol gotta patch up the mesh used the eglu run door to fill big hole (behind plant) got smaller bits for the bit covered with tarp at moment but getting there.

Looking for more ideas to make it a bit more exciting inside for the girls definitely needs some branches and stuff in it and quite possibly could add another part to run to add more room via the back (at later date) which could hook up with the brown house not sure how long the eglu will accomodate all four girls since the Hylines are already quite big at 5 mths and the babies got alot more growing to do

Random236.jpg

THE GIRLS SUNBATHING

Random233.jpg

MY DAUGHTER VERITY AND LEELOO LUCKILY THE COAT DIDN'T GET POO'D ON THIS OCCASION ANYWAY :lol:

Random205-1.jpg

I'm getting really impatient now.

:(

Looking at Moonie's run hasn't helped. It is also built by Tony and it is a similar width to ours.

:mrgreen:

I keep flitting to the aviaries4u website to look at a similar run. It should be a bit like the top one.

http://www.aviaries4u.co.uk/custom_runs.htm

Be patient the wait is worth the end product! :) Tony's runs look amazing i couldn't afford one even after the run price, to get it couriered was like £85 :(

Tony is delivering ours and building it as we live within his area.

We have promised him a constant supply of tea and a big fat free range bacon buttie (it's the Northerner in me coming out :D ).

:lol: I vaguely remember bacon sarnies i remember they tasted soooooooooo goooooood lol i haven't eaten bacon in about 9 yrs (i married a muslim) lol believe me fake bacon ie: quorn style bacon slices "NOT THE SAME " :lol:

It is a bummer sometimes being in scotland everything seems to be in england when it comes to being within delivery areas and breeders areas they are few and far between here :( Ironically enough there seems to be a great one in buckinghamshire where my husband lived prior to me forcing him over to scotland :D